“Bad Food, Service and Value.”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Montana's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #475 of 1,766 Restaurants in Mississauga
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Service: Our waitress was named either Dina or Vina. It was hard to tell from her writing. Her service was poor. The place was not very busy. I had finished my meal by the time she asked if it was ok while I had a mouthful. My husband had to ask for a refill. I was never offered and it's hard to ask while chewing rock hard steak. He also asked for the bill. We then had to wait forever for the bill (I think she went on break). Another server took my empty plate who was quite friendly and went to tell her we wanted the bill but we were still left waiting. I suspect the other servers are better.

Food: The steaks were tough. Aged more like 28 mins not days. My portobello steak came with a couple of slivers of mushroom on top. Nothing resembling a portobello. Both our steaks were supposed to be 8 oz. Mine was obviously only a 6. The sides were decent. The steak was unforgiveable which we would have mentioned if our server came back before we gave up and ate them.

The bathroom was disgusting. Dirty and water on the floor (I hope it was water). Plumbing leaking and no toilet paper in the stall.

This is not the Montana's I remember. A $60 meal and we left disgusted and disgruntled. My husband ended up hitting a drive through after. Avoid!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a true blind walk in as we had never been to a Montana's Cookhouse. We were seated at a booth near the bar because we wanted to watch some sports on the monitors, and service there was fabulous. Our party ordered the Chicken penne, the Briket Burger, and the 8 Oz Top Sirloin. The chicken penne was very good. The Briket Burger outstanding, juicy, flavorful and more than a handful. You could tell the meat was of superior quality. We were told it is made of shaved meat. Cooked to perfection. I wish I could replicate it at home. The top sirloin was tasty and of good quality, but the meat was bit hard. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I took special guests from another province for a special "Rib" dinner. The chalkboard at the entrance declared "AYCE ribs!" (All You Can Eat) - which is something I have had at Montana's before.

Another sign when we entered said the same thing. When we sat down, the waitress said that they did not offer AYCE ribs that day. So we questioned why the signs were indicating something dishonest. She said she would ask the manager - and came back that he would not honour their advertising.

So I ordered the large ribs - this was 5PM on a Saturday. The waitress gave me the small order of ribs because they did not have enough food to give me a large order. Then said not to worry that she wouldn't charge me for the large order. No Kidding. How can you run out of food at 5PM on a Saturday?

We asked for refills, and she went away. Then I asked the man who turned out to be the manager for the same refills. He came back with water. So I had to go into the kitchen to get someone to get my refill.

I don't mind the refills issue - people forget - it happens. The restaurant had very few customers, so it is not that they were busy. I still tipped the waitress.

However, the advertising All You Can Eat Ribs to get you in the door - and then not honouring it is very poor business practice. It is dishonest, especially when we noticed after leaving the restaurant, that the signs were still there. So this was not an oversight, it was INTENTIONAL,or they would have removed the signs.

I stated this on the "survey" that you fill out on-line and did not get any response.

I have been to other Montana's before, and normally they have good quality and good portions and you go away full, but not this time. It was embarrassing to be recommending this place to our guests, who had never been to a Montana's before.

The music was also too loud - it should be background music so you can still hear each other. Not something to keep the staff awake.

2  Thank Jetrange_rPilot
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The food was exactly what I wanted from a good steakhouse. Everyone was very pleased with the food
Price was no surprise. Not cheap, but definitely in a reasonable price range for a steakhouse of this nature.
The severs and greeter made us feel very welcomed.
There was no complimentary bread with steak!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2009

You won't get your money's worth at this Montana's. The waitress will be the only reason for me to go there again.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook