“Great Adventure”

Western Fair Raceway & Slots
Ranked #23 of 82 things to do in London
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We have been to Western fair several times, a very enjoyable day out for all the family, one of the must venues to visit when in London Ontario.

There are newer reviews for Western Fair Raceway & Slots

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I ignored all the above reviews because I am a devout harness racing fan. I have to say this is a 'has been' place. I wish I had not wasted my time. I do not recommend a visit here.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hadn't been to the Western Fair for a LONG time. It was a waste of time and money. First of all a dumpy parking lot where they squeezed cars in like sardines, glad we didn't get a ding in our car! It was all midway and shopping, very little agriculture or other things to see. The agriculture building was very disappointing, walked through in 5 minutes, it took us longer to walk over to the building as you had to walk under a ramp that went under the road above, they did provide a tram for those who can't walk that far. As a kid I remember my dad and I would be able to browse through trailers etc. lots of agricultural things, not much of that anymore. There was a dog trick show which was the highlight of the fair and we didn't stay 'til the end as it was getting late and we needed to head home. Don't bother to go.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stopped in here after buying YukYuk tickets.

It's not a very nice building, and there are only slot machines and video machines to play. No blackjack tables, no poker, no baccarat, no dice, no roulette.

You have to pay for drinks while you gamble AND IT'S DECORATED LIKE 1985.

The general feeling is drab and dull. I was completely bored and left as soon as I could.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent some time at the Food and Wine show hosted by the Western Fair this weekend. I have been before but thought this year was the best by a mile, huge improvement over previous years.
Far more to see and do than ever before, kudo's to Gerry LaHay and his team for a well organized, greatly improved show.