“Vegetarian chinese food”

Neighborhood: Central London
Chennai
“Vegetarian chinese food”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

A wide menu, all dishes vegetarian. Had a tofu steak. Sufficient quantity, on the side of overwhelming. The night we dined here, it was beautiful to watch the fresh snow piling up on the walkway

Visited February 2014
1 Thank K_Ramamoorthy

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, minor issues”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Imagine, affordable, quality vegan food, and a wide variety of it, in London, Ontario. I had the avocado sushi cone to start and the bento box dinner combo with a faux-chicken in a sauce. Overall loved it, only downside is that the breaded tofu nuggets were cool and should have been cooked a bit longer, and the sauce was a little over-salted (but that is common for Asian food I find). Fresh orange salad dressing was superb, tom-yum soup was great, purple rich was also great. Would have gotten a five if the salt and temperature were not issues, and those really didn't take away that much from the meal.

• Visited November 2013
Saint Thomas, Ontario, Canada
“I love this restaurant!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I can't tell you how much I love this restaurant! Zen Gardens really helped me with my transition to vegetarianism (vegan) 5 years ago. Although there are a few dishes that contain small amounts of dairy and egg, the vast majority of dishes are vegan. Everything on the menu is super delicious, and the owner and staff are absolutely wonderful! It's like visiting friends every time you go :) One of the best things about Zen Gardens is that the food is so incredible it appeals to everyone, veg and meat-eater alike. Really....it's that good! Personal faves are Veggie and BBQ bun, Dumplings (I like steamed) with ginger sauce to die for, Vegetable Curry with Mushrooms, Lo Han Chai Chow Mein, Sushi Platter, Honey Veggie BBQ "Pork", Seitan Platter. A special shout out for the Wonton Soup....it is the best I've ever had (even when I ate meat)! Also try the purple rice...it's delicious. The clean interior and calm music makes for a lovely, relaxing lunch or dinner. If you are in London, this is a top pick!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank JulieALewis
Toronto
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

When I'm in London on business I almost always have one or more meals here. It's a lovely calm oasis. Everyone from the owner to the waitstaff is friendly and helpful.

The food is delicious and healthy. The only change I'd make is to add a bit more spice to some of the dishes.

Visited August 2013
London, Canada
“A hidden gem in London, Ont”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My teenage son convinced be to try this Asian Vegetarian restaurant. Though I love Asian, unlike my vegan wife, I like meat in my meals. Well this place blew my socks off. The food was bursting with flavor and the textures were remarkably varied. My son had the sushi platter and I had the Kung Po combination platter. Both were terrific. The service was excellent and the atmosphere calm and relaxing. I will be back....many times.

• Visited July 2013