“Great service...okay food”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,240 Restaurants in London
Description: Chop Steakhouse & Bar London is located next to the Landmark Wellington Cinemas 8. Featuring a full menu, patio and lounge. Visit our website chop.ca for seasonal menus & daily drink specials.
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriends and I are here for a birthday lunch. We were all impressed by the wide variety of options on the lunch menu. I settled on the prime rib sandwich for my entree and we had a seafood cheese dip as an appetizer. I was not at all impressed by the appearance of the dip and the small amount of bread that accompanied it...especially for the price of it...but it did taste good and our server offered to being out more bread for it. My sandwich meat was good but was drowning in gravy which took away from the taste. I would order it again but ask for gravy on the side. We were very impressed by our server who was very accommodating and quick to go up empty water glasses. The atmosphere is nice at the resteraunt but nothing unexpected from this type of place. My friend had a few alcoholic beverages at the meal and was a little shocked by how much the drinks cost at the end of the meal. Overall a good experience but not my first choice for eating out in London.

Date of visit: January 2018
LondonChop, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Hello Abigail K,

Your feedback is very detailed and I want to thank you for that. There are some things here that we can look at and try always to make improvements. I am real happy to hear that service was great and that the food with a bit of attention can be excellent. I would like to invite you in as my personal guest. Please email me for further details if you would like at londongm@chopsteak.ca. Thank you

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We went during the London lucious campaign. I had the deal that included choice of soup or salad and a choice from l think 4 entrees. The entrees were normal size portion so you basically get the starter for free. Got lunch for $20 that is amazing. The prime rib sandwich is tender and juicy. They had butternut squash soup which was ver good as well. The decor is nice and the bowler and top hat lighting at the back is really neat.

Hello Katian70,

So glad you enjoyed your visit. Londonlicious is a great event to be apart of. We should be showcasing some great food during the summerlicious as well. I will admit, the bowler hats in the back are a fun part of the decor here, but be sure to check out t he bird cages in the lounge next visit. When you pop in, ask for me and I will stop by your table to say hi.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant was busy so we sat at the bar.
Comfy chairs , bar is full service so we had apps and drinks

Staff was attentive and friendly
( Kim & Roland)
Food .... Steak Bites & Crab Cakes ..
Were great !!

Hello T M

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to let the service team that took care of you know that you were impressed. The steak bites are a fan favorite at Chop. I too enjoy them. Next time you are in, please ask for me and I will stop by to say hi.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

Positives first, friendly service, nice table settings and the soup was excellent. That's pretty much all I can say. All food I tasted was average at best. The wine was lovely but cost an arm. Drinks service was very slow however it was packed. They give you a tiny long roll to share while waiting for meal. The starter salads are the laziest version I have ever seen. For 4 people with only two serves and a bottle of wine and 3 beers was $340 + tip. I can't say as I would return.

Hello Bobbie B,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know how your visit to chop was. I am sorry to hear that it was not great. I would like to invite you in as my guest to try us again. Please email me at londongm@chopsteak.ca. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

The service was a bit slow at the beginning but the staff totally made up for it! The wait staff were extremely kind, although it kind of got a bit irritating because they would constantly keep coming up to the table, but overall it was fine. I ordered the pink lemonade (which is amazing!) and the chop burger, which I 100% recommend. It comes with a side of fries which I didn’t get to finish because the burger was so filling! My boyfriend ordered the prime rib and said it was amazing! Will definitely be going back.

Hello Simran P,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. I am sorry that the service was a bit irritating, good feedback to coach my staff that we need to find a good balance of being at the table and let the guests enjoy their visit. I am happy to hear that you loved the burger, I am a big fan as well. Next time you are in please ask for me and I will stop by your table to say hi.