“over priced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #437 of 1,044 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Canadian, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
kitchener, ontario canada
“over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was disappointed in the very slow service we received on a day that they didn't appear to be very busy. The menu is varied with lots of choices for most tastes. All the prices seem to be $3-$5 more expensive then like style restaurants. Even tho we waited 50 minutes for our food my french fries arrived cold. I didn't complain because our waitress didn't return to our table until we were almost finished our meals. We were a party off 4 adults and were all disappointed with this Montana experience.

• Visited July 2013

London, Ontario, Canada
“Where NOT to eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ribs were grossly overdone, wings were barely palatable, (perhaps even a day old), french fries were frozen, AND from the bottom of the bag.......Spicy Caesar....bartender was a joke......there was more Tabasco than there was Clamato juice. Perhaps he was having a boring day, and wanted to liven things up.
All in all a very poor restaurant for us to have chosen.......We will never go there again.

• Visited July 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
“Average Dining Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I don't go out to eat a lot, twice a month at max. Our "go to" casual dining restaurant has been Boston Pizza where we have consistently gotten good service and good food at a reasonable price. However, I had never been to Montana's before so we decided to give it a try. The decor was interesting; very outdoors-y with canoes and paddles and wooden-log booths, however I sort of felt that was at the expense of it feeling warm and cozy. It also meant there wasn't any sort of cushioning on the bench seats or back, which was not great.

The service was just okay. We entered and it took awhile for someone to notice us at the front. The waitress was friendly, but was either overworked with too many tables, or just didn't remember us as much as she should have.

I ordered the Apple Pecan Harvest Salad which was tasty. My boyfriend got the Brisket Burger. He liked the burger, but the fries were AWFUL. Bland, small, thin, no crunch, no flavour, not hot when they were brought out.

The drinks are served in cutesy mason jars (which seems to be a "thing" these days), but they are small, and expensive ($2.99). They offer free refills but we didn't have any luck flagging down a waitress for the entire meal, so we had to wait til after we had finished our meals to get another glass (and you definitely should, to make it worth the price).

We don't usually get dessert but we made an exception and got the Skillet Cookie. The cookie was not as big as I thought it would be, but still a decent size. It was tasty, but didn't really have the "homemade" taste that I was looking for and I cynically wondered whether it was actually made there. Still, it was tasty!

All in all, we just had a mediocre time which would have been improved with better fries and better service. It was not enough to pull this restaurant into our casual dining rotation, and we'll probably stick with Boston Pizza or Kelsey's in the future.

• Visited June 2013
London, Canada
“Practice cooking a steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Took the kitchen 3 tries to get my steak well done, and even then it came back pink. Did not pay for my dinner thanks to the manager, but would have like to have eaten a lovely steak.

Visited May 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Quick Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was in town for the World Figure Skating Championships & this restaurant was on the way to the arena from my hotel. I had stopped there for dinner after the skating one night but it was too late & they had shut down the kitchen. Decided to stop & have lunch there. The service was great & the food was delicious! I would return to this restaurant in the future!

• Visited March 2013