“Awesome family Christmas”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Awesome family Christmas”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My mother in law brought us to her favourite restaurant on Christmas Eve for a family gathering. We had never been but found the atmosphere to be cozy. There were 12 of us and everyone enjoyed it. I had the perch which was very tasty and a large portion, while my husband had the prime rib based on the servers recommendation. We were both pleased and found the price reasonable with service to match. It's a bit of a drive for us but we will return.

• Visited December 2013

London, Canada
“BAD FOOD BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The food was absolutely terrible, very canned taste.. but the under cooked frozen mushy meat in the lasagna topped it off... we let our server know it did taste a bit off.. who let us know it was cooked "FRESH" a few days ago...we replied fair enough but my husband couldn't get through even 1/4 of it and said we were through with that while our children finished eating...... we were surprised there was no apology or any form of a discount when our bill came... so I politely asked the server for a discount on the lasagna as it wasn't edible... she said talk to the owner JIM, who was standing next to me... he looked at me and said the lasagna was good, cooked fresh three days ago...(which i never received the email stating that cooked 3 days ago meant fresh, but i guess it does at the hillside) so they were not going to provide an apology or discount .... I've been managing restaurants for over 10 years - I have never felt the need to complain or write a bad review, but I am soooo upset with this food and customer service....
by the way... my husband had food poisoning from this food ... I'm starting to think they came up with their name at the location of where they get their meat for their main entrees. the hillside.

• Visited December 2013
10 Thank danielle d
“Best Prime Rib Ever!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great prime rib and panzerotti. Often come here with in laws and we are never disappointed. Worth the short drive to Kilworth.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jonjacks
Ontario Canada
“Enjoyed it!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Six of us tried the Hillside Restaurant recently for the first time, on the recommendation of friends. The restaurant is located in a plaza with lots of available parking. The interior is not very fancy, but rather has a comfortable and welcoming feel to it.

Most of us ordered different things for dinner and we each enjoyed our meals very much. Service was excellent. Some items were a little over priced compared to other restaurants, but we don't mind paying when the food is good! We'll likely return.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank travelpair55
London, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent !”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

They have a long list and variety of specials. The food is really good and plentiful, the service is excellent and the staff are very friendly. The decor is not like your average plaza type restaurant....it's a pleasant surprise when you walk in the door.
My husband & I often eat here and will be back many times! After a few times coming here, you almost feel like family. Thank you!

• Visited June 2013