“best sushi place imaginable”
Review of Wonder Sushi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wonder Sushi
Ranked #645 of 1,051 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Bangkok, Thailand
“best sushi place imaginable”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

if you like your fish really raw, here is the place to check out, I like propping the bar up in this place and justa sking the chef to make me whetever he feels like, works well for me, he always gives me extras

Visited October 2012
1 Thank geobran

London, Canada
“Disappointed.... again”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went back to this place a second time at the urging of a friend, but frankly find the food poor to mediocre. Things that are deep fried (tempura, calamari) come out of the kitchen lukewarm (from having been cooked ahead and held God knows how long, I assume) - and two of the rolls I ordered were mushy and tasteless. They lost track of my order, only delivering the last two dishes long after the previous ones. Both my dinner companion and I had significant indigestion afterwards, which raised a red flag for me. I am well acquainted with sushi and have eaten this style of food in many restaurants across Canada, but this is the poorest of this genre I have encountered anywhere. Won't be back.

• Visited January 2013
Elora
“A great spot for lunch, dinner would be pricey”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend Wonder Sushi as a place for a good lunch. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the food comes out immaculate. Personal favorites here are the spicy crunchy salmon roll (or hand roll) and the salmon sushi. Also, they have some of the best fried dumplings I have eaten in my many years of being a dumpling lover. While the plating is rather plain (oftentimes whatever you ordered on a dish), the food definitely shines. The only reason I am not giving it a total five star rating was because of atmosphere. It was empty when I went with my girlfriend, and the other times I was there it was the same. Also, just a note on the spicy crunchy roll. While delicious, I found that the bread crumbs tasted slightly stale. It was likely that we just got whatever was left over from the night before, so it didn't color our experience. Pricing wasn't too bad, but I would recommend going for lunch as opposed to dinner. The menus are very similar and you don't feel as though you need to eat 6 courses in order to get your money's worth. A tip is included in the price, and for $35 for two is was reasonable. I would definitely recommend it to the novice and expert sushi lover alike.

Sarnia, Canada
“DInner date”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great place to take a sushi newby because you can try many things for a good price. Love the spicy, crispy salmon and teriyaki beef. And if you're really adventurous go for the sushi pizza.

Visited November 2012
“Fresh and well priced”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Not cheap, you may think. However, given that you can eat all those on the menu, it is really well priced. Sushi is average to passable. Better than that, I like small Chinese dishes on the menu, such as 'Grilled Salmon chick', fried noodle-very Chinese-, Korean spare rib, etc. The manager is fairly attentive to customers.

Visited January 2013