“Excellent Food ....Requires A Little Patience”

Billy's Deli Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 1,100 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Food was excellent, my kids gobbbled up their French toast. Abit more that you usually spend for breakfast but the quality and quantity is worth it. It was busy and we were sent up stairs where there was only one waitress. Upstairs does not have same ambiance and we had to wait a little while for are orders to show up. Waitress very friendly and coffee was good.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

They have lots of great choices including a spicy omelette that I love. If they are busy there is room on the second floor, the stairs are in between the 2 front doors. I didn't want hash browns or French fries so the waitress asked if I wanted fresh fruit - Yes, Thank You! No complains about this one, great place. We'll see you again, soon. Thanks!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Go here for a good sandwich for a decent price. It's a great little spot for lunch. The staff is very friendly.

The decor is more than a little dated, but updating it might ruin some of the charm.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I heard so much about their "famous pie" that I stopped in today for lunch with a few of my co-workers. It took 12 minutes for ice water to get to our table, then another 50 minutes for sandwiches and fries. We overheard another group complaining about the wait and the waitress said "Well, you should have come earlier if you wanted to be done by 1pm". One of my coworkers had to leave before the food even arrived and when the waitress finally brought it and noticed the empty chair, she just set the plate down and walked away. We had to point out to her how incredibly slow she was and were still charged for the meal that was never eaten. Best of the best? I asked to purchase one of their pies and was told "Absolutely not, you have to pre-order". That's funny, there was a whole counter full of them...but I wasn't "allowed" to spend my money there. Absolutely ridiculous set-up, worst service I've had in years, and not even good value for the food. I would never, ever eat here again and will go out of my way to tell everyone I know to avoid it like the plague.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had an excellent breakfast here. Both the service and the food was great. I was really impressed with the healthy breakfast option, which is not found on most breakfast menus (cereal, fruit and toast). The homemade jam that accompanied my toast was fabulous. My husband was equally impressed with his flapjacks. A variety of pies are available to buy, which look really good. We were on the road, so didn't pick a pie up, but if the jam is any indication, I would guess these pies are pretty spectacular.