“It was nice”
Review of Bertoldi's

Bertoldi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Bertoldi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,052 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bertoldi’s is an authentic Italian Trattoria in London, Ontario. Our food is cooked the true Italian way - made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients possible.
London
“It was nice”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went there to try the place out
Good location, Ample parking
Got the pizza and was good and good value
Server were snob and rude
Atmosphere was good and classy

Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Adam,

Although I'm glad you enjoyed our atmosphere and pizza, I'm sorry if your server was anything less than warm and professional. Friendly, attentive service is one of our top priorities, so it's disappointing to hear we came across as rude. I'll be sure to have a word with my staff to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Since your meal really hit the spot, I hope you'll come back and eat with us again soon. We'd love the chance to earn that fifth star!

All the best,

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent place for a lunch! Nice Italian food!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had lunch here and had the antipasto platter with the salamis. It was delicous and a great lunch meal.

• Visited January 2013
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Gary,

Thanks for your excellent review. I'm glad you had a great lunch experience and enjoyed the antipasto. Your enthusiasm for our restaurant is much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing you next time!

Thorold, Canada
“Good lunch”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went to Bertoldi's for lunch. There were many options. I opted for the cream of carrot and thyme (with a dash of sour cream) and the grilled calamaris salad. This came with some focacia bread. The soup was hot and creamy and the portion a good size. The salad was good and boasted a good quantity of calamaris. However, some were not done as well and a bit too chewy (it is tricky to do good calamaris). All in all though, a very yummy lunch. The waitress was very friendly and welcoming. Although I did mention I did not want tomatoes in my salad, it still came with it. She apologized profusely and offered to make another one. I said it was not necessary: I could just toss them on the side. She offered free dessert to make up for this mistake. But there was no room for dessert at that point. I appreciated the gesture though.

• Visited January 2013
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks so much for the detailed review. I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch with us. Impressing our guests with consistent quality and attentive service is always our goal. I apologize for the mistake with your salad, but I'm pleased to hear your server went the extra mile to make up for it. Customer satisfaction comes first; if we're in the wrong, we try to set the situation right.

Thanks again for your kind words. I hope you'll come back and see us soon!

Cheers,
London, Canada
“Consistently fabulous”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

One of London's best Italian restaurants. Upscale casual with a varied menu, wonderful service and delicious food. You can always count on a consistently well prepared meal at Bertoldi's. Don't forget to ask for a second basket of bread, it's worth it!

• Visited November 2012
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for the excellent review! I'm happy to hear you're such a fan of our restaurant. Attentive service and delicious food are what we're all about. It's nice to know we're hitting the mark time after time.

Thanks again for your kind words. Hope you come back and see us soon. We have a big basket of bread with your name on it!

Cheers,
London, Canada
“yum”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Classic and elegant with incredible food. The best part was that it was a nice spot to relax and eat a good inexpensive meal

• Visited December 2012
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thanks for your great review. I'm glad we were able to show you a delicious meal and a good time. We appreciate your sharing your experience online and hope you come dine with us again soon! -Jessica DiFruscia, General Manager