“Excellent Food!!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I were in London and arrived later on a Friday night....searched and found The Black Trumpet down Richmond St. They took our reservation on short notice luckily. The atmosphere was great and the food was even better!! A little pricey but our meals were delicious! I would recommend dining here.....since going to a “chain” restaurant is almost as expensive but the food here is excellent.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

ask for upstairs by the window.... wine selection good & diverse... regular listed menu items good but make sure you ask for daily specials... We both selected the daily specials ……the fish & prime rib was exceptional. Appetizers of Caesar salad & scallops were well presented & vey tasty…. the low fat cheese cake melted in your mouth.... enjoy...

Reviewed October 11, 2018

The Black Trumpet restaurant has the most wonderful, Indonesian inspired, interior decor found anywhere. The name, seemingly, inspired by the trumpet mushroom.

I ordered the Seafood Linguine of sautéed shrimp, scallops, mussels, spinach, tomatoes, in white wine dill cream sauce, which had signs of pre-cooking (e.g., mushy cherry tomatoes) and confirmed towards the end by a complete loss of temperature. The dish was saved by a very palatable glass of sauvignon blanc (Map Maker, New Zealand).

Desert was a great surprise; Black chocolate brownie with caramel sauce, fragments of fruit, and ice cream. This was absolutely delicious and deserves a Gâteau du Grand Prix.

During the summer, meals may be enjoyed in a beautiful private garden.

A couple of McDonald’s inspired reviewers who, obviously, prefer plastic chairs, have ignorantly complained of expensive (reflecting the decor) dishes, and should not influence anyone’s choice to visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

This place does - arguably - the best food in London. Service is impeccable - friendly, discreet when required and always attentive - and the food does not disappoint. For a classy meal in London it’s one of the top addresses. Comes highly recommended.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

I debated whether or not to write a review after my experience here because in the end the chef did come out to speak to us after a request was made to see the manager. My friend and I went for lunch and we had picked Black Trumpet because we know it to usually have excellent food and the atmosphere is lovely, especially out in the garden. However, this day everything was far from perfect. I will not detail it all but importantly, the silverware was dirty, the platter on which the food was served was very dirty (which was discovered only after much of the meal had been eaten and I had moved the salad bowl) and I was served mouldy fruit. That issue was the final straw and we asked to speak to someone. We had to wait for a very long time and the server even told us that the manager probably would not be able to come out, and only after she took the platter to show him the dirty cutlery, board and mouldy fruit did he come out. While they did make it up to us in the end, I hope that Black Trumpet takes better care in their service, cleanliness and food preparation in the future.

1  Thank CKD77