“Return visit after First visit was disappointment.”
Review of The Black Trumpet

The Black Trumpet
Ranked #18 of 1,229 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed October 20, 2017

We first visited this restaurant during Londonlicious in June and although the decor and ambiance were great the food and service were not. I wrote a review and the manager, Scott responded saying he would like my sister and I to return for a complementary meal with the first class food and service we should have received. We finally visited again today and it was like night and day from our last experience. We arrived at our reservation time and we seated immediately at a wonderful table by the fireplace overlooking the back patio. Our server introduced herself and took our drink orders. My sister ordered the Butternut soup and the Steak Frites (well done.) I ordered the Spiced Orange Pork Belly and Scallops with vanilla and cauliflower puree, leek and orange marmalade, mushrooms, aged balsamic. It was amazing, melt in your mouth rich and delicious, a stunning fusion of flavors. I too ordered the Steak Frites, a 10oz grilled AAA striploin, pommes frites, and demi glace. I ordered mine medium rare and it was perfect and the fries were hot and crispy. Neither my sister nor myself could finish all the steak but took half home for a late night snack. My sister ordered coffee and a Bailey's cheesecake that we shared and was decadent. The server was very attentive and checked on us frequently asking if there was anything we required. We both commented on how different our two experiences were but were glad we came back to see the regular WOW service and food that this 5 star restaurant is known for. Thank you Scott, for making believers of us, we will be back soon.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank Maureen S

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We had a large group attend the Black Trumpet for dinner on September 29/17; Matt was our server and he made the evening fantastic with his service, suggestions, laughter and even being our photographer! The food was delicious. Matt you deserve to be recognized for your great service! Its apparent by the reviews on here that you are delight to have as a server! Thank you!

1  Thank becca69
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This was not my first visit to he Black Trumpet and certainly not my last. I have to echo the praises of an earlier reviewer for the delicious duck breast as an entree, and for the charcuterie platter as an appetizer. The platter is very generous and is best shared, as I did with my wife, otherwise you will be too full to enjoy the rest of the meal. My wife had the southern BBQ chicken which was equally delicious and a very generous portion. We were unable to sample any of the desserts, unfortunately.
Service was excellent. The decor and ambience is outstanding. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Excellent as I remember from the last time. Matt was our server and was outstanding. This guy was Awesome!

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a great patio out the back that is tucked between buildings, quiet and away from the noise of the street. The food is delicious. If you are a fan of steak tartare you won't be disappointed!