“Londonlicious -- Great Value for Top Quality”
Review of The Black Trumpet

The Black Trumpet
Ranked #19 of 1,145 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed February 8, 2016

We dined at the Black Trumpet twice. At $35 a person, the value was there, the quality of the food tops.
The first night we had the salad, the 2 dozen steamed clams, the NY Striploin cooked to our perfection: Blue. Rare to find a chef who can get the steak blue correctly.
The second night, the 2 dozen steamed clams again, the beef cheek in stout, the chicken roulade, the cod. The cod was excellent, not overcooked but still glistening and juicy, done like in Italy.
All for $35 a person. Excellent.
Not to forget to mention the staff, staring with the secure coat check, the ambiance, the excellent wait staff.
We will return in a month for "a la carte". There is a Foie Gras Torchon waiting for me. That Foie Gras will elevate my rating to 5 if it meets my expectations.
What a find in London Ontario. Who would have known.

Reviewed February 1, 2016

Our group of 6 (three couples) decided to try The Black Trumpet on a Friday night for Londonlicious - we definitely chose the right restaurant. We were seated upstairs, which provided this feeling of having the restaurant to ourselves. The service was great, even with the restaurant being very busy, our drinks were always full and there was lots of time between courses so that we didn't feel rushed. The food portions were surprisingly large, we were all happily stuffed by the end of the meal. I started with the mussels - a huge portion served in delicious sauce. I also tried the calamari and the tempura maki rolls - both amazing. My main was the NY Striploin, cooked to perfection and again with a delicious sauce (although maybe a little fatty for my liking). We dined by candlelight, enjoying the meal, the wine and the time spent with friends.

1  Thank Kim C
Reviewed February 1, 2016

A friend and I went during the Londonlicious event where you get a 3 course meal for $35. The food was a great value, the alcohol was quite pricey. I had a glass of wine (Malbec) for $12. The service was amazing, our server answered all of our questions and made great recommendations. The food was amazing. One downfall is that there is no parking and you have to pay for a lot or meter parking. The chocolate brownie was rich and warm. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 26, 2016

Went for dinner with 7 other co-workers during Londonliscious for a 3 course dinner for $35.00. The food was amazing and we didn't leave hungry. Barely had room for dessert. We had a great server and the food came out hot and in a timely manner. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

Food is always great. Maki rolls are fantastic- but share the order. They get to be a little much half way thought- they used to offer a half-order options if you asked. I wish they'd bring that back- we used to go there for lunch all the time when we could have a half-maki roll with side salad. Not anymore. Good wine list. Good service. Lovely peaceful outdoor patio. One of my favourite spots.