“Cozy patio and excellent service made for a nice dinner - food was average”
Review of The Black Trumpet

The Black Trumpet
Ranked #24 of 1,093 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

As a party of 4 we reserved a table outside in the courtyard. It was a pleasantly warm August evening and we enjoyed the patio and the service. We had several starters, salad was good, calamari were soggy (we expected them to be crisp on the outside). We had 2 bottles if wine (Chianti), medium price range, one was good the other one was off. Our main courses were ok, the beef and pasta was plain, the tuna was good. All in all the food was average, the service good and the ambience excellent.
I still wish there was a restaurant in London that would make me come back for the food!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Have eaten here at multiple professional functions and it was quite nice... i therefore decided to go with a close group of friends one night for londonlicious... when we went, they ran out of a third of their appetizers, main course, and dessert by 730pm??!!@#!@... to make things worse, i found a huge fly in my food... the waitress apologized but came back a second time to say that the fly indicates "our food is fresh"??!!... quite the awkward and shocking moment... was speechless... service was horrible too... wrote management a letter afterward indicating our displeasure with such a ridiculous comment and the lack of service and options...
dear black trumpet, if you don't want less pretentious people visiting you, then don't join londonlicious... although the exterior is suggestive of elegance, the interior lacks class... definitely do not recommend for a non-professional outing.

1  Thank medemerg
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We went for a friend's birthday on a recommendation, and thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit pricey but not for the type of dining experience. Our host was courteous and had the right amount of friendliness. Scallops were the best appetizer I've ever had, all 6 of us were very pleased with the quality of the food and the menu choices.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Presentation of the food gets 5 stars. Food was delicious. Good wine list and not overly expensive. We went for Londonlicious and their 3-course menu offered options that appealed to everyone in our group.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was a casual business dinner

I don't need to say much about this place except I really really liked it. We were received by a very friendly hostess. We were asked about sitting in or out - we opted for outside, and I am glad we did. It was tasteful asian inspired and great for the early evening dinner.

Service was excellent - specials and questions were answered by an attentative friendly waiter.

The salad starter was good - but the real surprise was the main course. When entering the restaurant, it look nice and I was sure I was going to get a good meal but I was not quite prepared for what I got - it was awesome - nothing less. The Ahi Tuna was perfectly seared (many restaurants state seared but it is almost well done) nothing short of perfectly done.

Strong recommendations on this place and the excellent service. So why only four out of five? We asked for the dessert menu two times and never got it - finally decided leave. It was not because they turned bad - they just turned busy. People were pouring in and I can understand why - go there if you are in London, Ontario!