“Never really dissapoints overall”
Review of WINKS EATERY INC

WINKS EATERY INC
Ranked #182 of 1,052 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central London
London, ON
“Never really dissapoints overall”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant on a number of occasions as it is very local to me. There has never been a visit that was not enjoyed going here but wanted to take the opportunity to give it a quick review. On this particular occasion I was there for opening at 11:00am. Note the time, as the advertising outside and the website both indicate that it is 10:00am so this is important. I debated on getting breakfast, but instead opted to start with a Caesar Salad and then had the Tai Chicken wrap. The server kept my coffee full, but as it appeared she was still opening the restaurant a little inattentive at times. I had eaten half my meal, and was waiting to have it boxed up for almost 10 minutes while she counted the cash for the till. When she did finally come over, I said I wanted to take the rest to go so that I had room to eat desert. Unfortunately, instead of coming back with a desert menu as I had expected she came back with the bill. The do still keep me coming back though, as they have lots of items on the menu I like, and enjoy it even more when the patio is open. I find the interior to be very busy, and at times tacky. They are also getting more and more TV’s inside for the sports fan, so not sure if they are trying to make a change.

• Visited November 2012

London, Canada
“Non-existant service”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived at 8:00 p.m. to find the restaurant basically quiet except for one large table of approximately 15. Approached the bar directly to order our own drinks and grabbed a menu to select our dinner. After placing the menu down on the table and finishing our drinks, not one of the servers came over to us once during the 20 minutes we sat there.
The menu offered boring, predictable options and most likely would not have provided any form of appetizer or main that would've been acceptable.
I will not return and do not recommend.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank londoner1964
London, Ontario, Canada
“Great Wings, Great Beer”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Can't go wrong when you're drinking a litre-o-beer and downing a plate of wings. Winks is a great place to hang with friends and listen to music.

Visited October 2011
London, Canada
“Great spot”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Winks is a great spot to go with a group or just for a casual date night. They have fantastic drink and food specials, which will keep me coming back. They also play most sports games and have a patio so it suits everyone in your crowd.

Visited August 2012
Calgary, Canada
“does the food make up for bad service?”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We went here on a Thursday night, looking for some late evening food and drinks. I ended up tracking my own menus down after waiting far too long. When the waiter did come by for our drink orders, he failed to have any drink recommendations for my wife who wanted something "tropical or with pineapple" asking only if we wanted a drink menu. I asked what was on tap, and as he quietly rambled off the beers he looked as though he had better things to do. He brought the drinks but didn't take our food order until later. The food came quickly and was fresh and hot. I can definitely recommend the food, but the service will leave you disappointed.

• Visited August 2012