“Non-existant service”

Neighborhood: Central London
London, Canada
“Non-existant service”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived at 8:00 p.m. to find the restaurant basically quiet except for one large table of approximately 15. Approached the bar directly to order our own drinks and grabbed a menu to select our dinner. After placing the menu down on the table and finishing our drinks, not one of the servers came over to us once during the 20 minutes we sat there.
The menu offered boring, predictable options and most likely would not have provided any form of appetizer or main that would've been acceptable.
I will not return and do not recommend.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank londoner1964

London, Ontario, Canada
“Great Wings, Great Beer”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Can't go wrong when you're drinking a litre-o-beer and downing a plate of wings. Winks is a great place to hang with friends and listen to music.

Visited October 2011
London, Canada
“Great spot”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Winks is a great spot to go with a group or just for a casual date night. They have fantastic drink and food specials, which will keep me coming back. They also play most sports games and have a patio so it suits everyone in your crowd.

Visited August 2012
Calgary, Canada
“does the food make up for bad service?”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We went here on a Thursday night, looking for some late evening food and drinks. I ended up tracking my own menus down after waiting far too long. When the waiter did come by for our drink orders, he failed to have any drink recommendations for my wife who wanted something "tropical or with pineapple" asking only if we wanted a drink menu. I asked what was on tap, and as he quietly rambled off the beers he looked as though he had better things to do. He brought the drinks but didn't take our food order until later. The food came quickly and was fresh and hot. I can definitely recommend the food, but the service will leave you disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Morgan B
South River, Ontario, Canada
“A pub/bar that had good food and decent service”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The title I wrote sys it all. I would not go there with my wife for lunch, but would go there before a game/show or afterwards for a drink. We are in our early fifties and were quite a bit older that the regulars. This is well suited to the 20 to 30 year old clientele. If you are in that age group then go! Regardless of this review I must emphasize that the service & hospitality were very good.

• Visited April 2012