“A great lunch place!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a great lunch place. The food is good and the service is prompt. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed. The Beet Root Salad is excellent! I look forward to going back.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a reallllly great meal ... everyone enjoyed it ... i only do places like Waldo's for special occasions ..

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I think I should have realized that when the friendly guy came out to be chatty while we were reading the posted menu outside that he was being a little over-eager, and that I should beware.
The service was very friendly, and he complied with all our requests.
The place is designed to be noisy, so, if you like that, enjoy! It was quiet when we arrived, but that was apparently only because the large table beside us had not yet been occupied. We left when we could no longer hear each other talk.
I felt the cooking did not live up to its pricing or its billing really. And for that reason (plus the noise), I would not go back there.
The portions were small, corners had been cut in various ways, and it was just too expensive.
I had the wild mushroom crepe entree, which was, I think, about $14. For that I got one measly smallish crepe which had no flavour to speak of heated in a gratin-type boat thingie. Wild mushrooms do have lots of flavour, but not here. I would never knowingly order boring food. I also got a choice of a small salad with a sweet dressing (when will they stop making sweet salad dressings?) or soup. i took the soup but it was very boring. Someone else had rack of lamb, which i think was $28 or so, and said he was hungry afterward. The only way you can eat a lamb dinner and still be hungry is if the portions are too small - which they were - as lamb is a rich meat. It didn't look like a very big rack to me.
Desert: the chocolate mousse had some gawdawful unnecessary choc sauce on it, as if they thought they were serving you a sundae. i don't really know if the mousse was any good as it was drowned in this very inappropriate sauce.
The one thing they do well is make tea. Go early, before it gets noisy, and have yourself a nice cup of tea.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I were in London for the Rocks the Park concert this past weekend. We decided to dine at Waldo's on Friday night. We were greeted warmly by our server Greg and brought drinks quickly. The food was very tasty, we had the butternut squash ravioli and the stuffed portabello mushroom entrees. We had started with the grilled calamari.
I'm writing this review not because the food was beyond anything we've had before it was lovely and I would highly recommend it. I'm writing this because our experience there was phenomenal. I went outside to smoke and cigarette and wait for some friends that would be joining us, while I was out there it started to rain. All of a sudden one of the waiters Mark was standing beside me with an umbrella. I thought this was very thoughtful. Our server Greg was witty, friendly and very well informed. We also had the pleasure of chatting with Mark the owner. He struck me as passionate, involved and very caring about his guests. As someone who works in the service industry, I am NOT easily impressed. I have NEVER taken the time to write a review. I felt that Waldo's on King warranted my taking the time and effort to make it my first one.
Thank you to Mark and his team for going ABOVE AND BEYOND!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

As in WHY is this place still in business?! My husband and I wanted to go out for a special dinner and thought we would take advantage of the Londonlicious promotion going on. The atmosphere was nice enough and the service was average. The food however, was very disappointing. I had the butternut squash & sweet potato soup, the homemade gnocchi in a four cheese sauce, and creme caramel for dessert. Everything was bland and tasteless. The presentation was not appetizing. My soup and pasta were both covered in a layer of green oil. The creme caramel was cold and gelatinous, it reminded me of a hard boiled egg with a runny, burnt-tasting sauce. My husband had baked brie, which was fine, but nothing you couldn't buy from a grocery store. He had pork tenderloin medallions for his entree and the meat was fatty and of a poor quality. Unfortunately I could have prepared a much tastier meal at home. Needless to say I was very disappointed to pay over $90 for our bill. We will never return here.

1  Thank ALL0723