“The Groupon Wasn't Even Worth It”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Crave Restaurant - CLOSED

Crave Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
London, Canada
“The Groupon Wasn't Even Worth It”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Purchased a groupon because we had wanted to try a new restaurant. The soup was tasteless and the entire meal took almost 3 hours!! We weren't even hungry anymore by the time the main meal arrived. After eating some of our very dry and overcooked food, we quickly ate dessert and were happy to finally get out of there. Only good thing was our waiter. He was pleasant and very friendly. Don't waste your money (or time) and go elsewhere.

1 Thank Tanya R

London, Canada
“Unfortunately had a bad experience”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My fiance and I were seated and waited 30 mins and still no waiter came to greet us. We had a 6:30 reservation and by 7, I went back to the hostess and asked her to get the waiter. When he finally came, no apology. The whole night, service was so slow. We were there for 2 hours! The food was just okay. Wasn't bad, but wasn't anything special. We probably just didn't enjoy it because of the wait. We had others plans that evening but were ruined by being stuck at the restaurant for 2 hours :(

London, Ontario, Canada
“very happy :-)”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We (husband and I) decided to go on a Monday evening using a Groupon. We were greeted and seated immediately. We both chose the Ceasar salad and the top sirloin. My husband has a pepper allergy but that was dealt with graciously.
The Ceasar salad was large and very tasty. The greens could have had a little less stem in them, but that would be my only complaint, if you can call it that. It came with bread that was a hit with the husband.
The top sirloin was delicious and well presented with potato wedges and vegetables. We didn't think we'd be able to eat dessert, but creme brulee and a wedge of cheese cake were brought. The desserts here are amazing. The cheese cake is probably the best I ever had anywhere in London.
The tables for two are a bit on the small side, but the seating is comfortable and the restaurant is nice and quiet. The service is prompt and courteous. Definitely will be back!

1 Thank Christine A
Robert M, Owner at Crave Restaurant, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Port Bruce, Ontario, Canada
“Impressed”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I bought a groupon to a mystery restaurant for two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts for $30. After paying it was revealed that the restaurant was Crave. My wife and I both had the roasted red pepper soup which was delicious. She had the parmesan crusted chicken piccata with baby carrot, squash, pea pods and mashed potato while I enjoyed the leek and bacon wrapped 8 oz. top sirloin cut about two inches thick. The leek really added to the steak's flavour. It came with fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, baby squash, pea pods and carrot as well as red pepper and a little onion. It was lovely and delicious. We had the crème brule and chocolate cheesecake for dessert and shared them. I have been to Crave before and was waited upon by Shawn or "Duff". I told him he was one of the most professional waiters I've ever encountered. I also told him I felt guilty paying $30 for those meals. That is nearly the best deal I've ever gotten on groupon. Thankyou.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MikeDown
Mike..,

Thank you for the glowing comments. Great to hear you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again soon
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Fab Food on a Leisurely Evening”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had a groupon which allowed us to enjoy an evening at this upscale dining establishment. It was the service that was on the verge of 'slow' rather than relaxed or casual. 10 minutes until we were recognized at the table, in total we were there 2 hours. Thankfully we had no where else to be. The fan or blower above our heads or? maybe it was the furnace on this cold night, was roaring away & very distracting. They had a musician on a guitar trying to strum & sing, but the noise persisted. When the outside door opened, a blast of cold air wafted into the dining area & cooled the place down again. Enough about the atmosphere...the food was fabulous. Ceasar salad huge & delicious, onion soup...more like a stew, very thick, but yummy. The steak as done well & large plate of potatoes & veggies as well. Dessert was also ok - yet there was a rotten strawberry as a garnish ? how did this slip by this hgh end kitchen? I must say our waters were topped up regularily and little things like ? no ground pepper offered can be ignored this time. Overall, delicious meal...but would never pay the menu price for the experience!

• Visited January 2014
Susan...

I am sorry to hear of your poor experience at my restaurant and I am glad to hear you had some very positive things to say as well. I'd like to see how I could get you back in here to have the full great experience at Crave. Send me an email and lets see what I can.

Thanks again