“Good”

Wits End Pub & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This pub, is off the beaten track, and not much too choose from menu wise, but overall okay, pricing is a little bit too much in my books.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have been going to Wits End since it first opened and we had always enjoyed it. Our last visit convinced us we will never go back. The decor is tired, shows wear and is in desperate need of some cleaning. It is obvious that the bar has become the focus of this 'pub' and the food and service have suffered.

The menu ranges from finger foods to some traditional pub fare and on our last visit we tried things from across the menu. We started with a drink and an appetizer to share -- kettle chips and mozza sticks which seemed to be on par with our previous visits. My husband ordered the Guiness Steak Pie and I ordered a Fiesta Chicken Wrap. The steak pie arrived with a scoop of green pepper, celery, and a carrot slice. The crust of the pie was a piece of pre-made puff pastry that didn't fit the oval dish. After eating a few bites, my husband left the disappointing dish and the overcooked veg looking as forlorn as they started. My chicken wrap looked so bad that I wouldn't even taste it -- the chicken was pink and when my husband ate a piece to try and convince me to eat it, he said it was rubbery pre-fab chicken anyways. The french fries were nice.

After the disaster that was our meal, we were foolish to think that a shift change at 5:00 pm would result in us sitting waiting for ten minutes before I finally got frustrated and walked to the bar to get our cheque.

I truly wish that I had followed my gut instinct and paid for the drink we ordered and leave rather than spending any further money or time in such a poor establishment. I'm sad that this pub has moved into the dive scene and abandoned its pride.

3  Thank Lori A
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Lots of TVs and it is an enjoyable place to go and watch a game
Lots of free parking too
Owner is there to take care of business
Nice service

2  Thank thefoodiewatch
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was there for some finger food. Bland no taste would not waste my money again. Would actually be willing to go to the Golden Arches instead omg.

3  Thank Prowlerbill
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I moved to London two years ago, and have been to Wit's 3 or 4 times. I always wanted to like it, so kept giving it more chances. I have now given up. Poor food, patchy service, odd atmosphere. Won't go back, even though it's one of the closest "pubs". If you are hoping that it's an English style pub, you will be disappointed

5  Thank OzBackpaker2005