“I wouldn't serve this to my dog”
Review of Wits End Pub & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wits End Pub & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ordered chicken parm sandwich and chicken quesadillas with a salad. Chicken parm had disgusting, cheap, rubbery cheese. Chicken was not even whole meat (as is usually used in a chicken parm), tasted like a frozen chicken burger from the grocery store.

processed/minced chicken also used in quesadilla, along with way too much cheese... and to top it all off, found a few hairs in the salad.

Overall disappointed, I felt bad for the waitress... was really hoping to find a gem of a restaurant, but turned out to be a bust... I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

6  Thank Anonymous795

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The food I've had on multiple visits to Wits End has been subpar at best. If you're stuck in the area, I would advise sticking to standard deep-fried options as you're not going to be blown away by too much else on the menu. Decent beer specials though.

1  Thank uniquecliche
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Dishes are dirty and gritty! (no fault of the kid doing dishes here) Overwhelming smell of bleach from the bar makes it difficult to taste what you're eating or enjoy your time here while waiting for your meal. A line up of industrial mops and buckets you must navigate through to use the washroom is gross. We used to come here quite often, (we live out of town) but unfortunately, we won't be back!!

1  Thank SuelovesSunshine
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am not a big fan of wings or ribs. I never order them in restaurants & rarely have them at home. The Wits End is my exception to this rule. Their wings are the best I have ever had. They are a good size & the sauce is awesome. To top it off they let me order the flats only (don't like the drumsticks - yes I am a picky eater). For a pub the food is above average & the staff is great. If you are craving wings go to the Wits

1  Thank Barrows
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stopped in for lunch, 12 noon, place seemed vacant. Pub atmosphere was ruined by music only teenagers would enjoy. Food took long enough to get to our table (we ordered from the 15 minute lunch menu but it took longer) Fish and chips were AWFUL..limp chips, 1 small piece of dark rubbery batter over rubbery fish that appeared to have been microwaved then tossed in oil. I ordered battered mushrooms, but got a plate with a couple of mushrooms on a bed of....cold round french fries??? were these trying to pass for potato chips or french fries because in my opinion, they were neither...probably left over from the previous night...UGH...Two domestic beers, and our "lunches" amounted to $30 plus tip. We left a small one at that...the waitress didn't even try to make a lousy lunch enjoyable. My advice..go elsewhere..anywhere else would be better than WIT's END.

1  Thank Roadrunner06