“forget eating breakfast here”
Review of Under The Volcano

Under The Volcano
Ranked #137 of 1,051 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, Canada
“forget eating breakfast here”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

the orange juice was spoiled....when i sent it back the waitress said "it figures". both our orders came with each others toast. the slice of pineapple was bad....i also heard the woman behind us complain about the pineapple. the slice included a large part of the core.
this is the second time i have been disappointed at this restaurant......but, never again will i go.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ruby803

London, Canada
“Terrible service, even worse food. ”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Had the displeasure of eating here. The waitress was rude, completely forgot to bring us our drinks (then tried to charge us for them at the end).

If that weren't bad enough, the waitress completely forgot about us. We were waiting for nearly half an hour for her to come take our food order and ended up having to get up and call her over.

Food came out and it was the wrong food, so we sent it back. Took another half hour for them to prepare the right meal, which still, in the end, tasted horrible.

Would not go back even if it was the last restaurant on the planet. This is my third time getting poor service here.

Before it moved locations, it wasn't so bad, but now it seems like every time I go in there the manager gives ke a death glare.

Maybe you shpuld treat your customers with respect. What did I ever do to you?

London, Ontario
“Too costly”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My adult daughter and I had lunch recently. She had a quesadilla that came with rice that she asked to substitute with a salad. That would cost the price of a small salad, subs not allowed. She opted to not. I tried the rice and it was good. I ordered a salad which was nicely dressed, and had black beans and corn on greens. It came with a very oily tortilla. Chips and salsa were provided and were tasty. The bill, with no drinks came to $30. A bit much for a grilled cheese and a salad don't ya think?

• Visited April 2014
London, Canada
“Pass by on this place.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Over priced for the quantity and taste of food. Would not even consider going back to this place. Go elsewhere, this place just dosen't cut it.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank CarolG2001
London
“Very good food. Great service.”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I are true patrons of Bella Jack's in St Thomas always. great. But we moved to London and tried Under the Volcano. The service was excellent and very friendly atmosphere. Food was very good however the Tortilla soup was not what I was used to at Bella Jacks. The main meal was very good I had Blackened Tilapia , rice and pineapple slaw which was amazing. Hubby had steak with cheese and it was done to perfection. Our waiter Alejandro was superb. The drinks were perfectly made. I don't know where the bad reviews come from. Parking was free so don't know where the reviewer parked. The lot is adequate for upto 30 cars and no one charged us. So ??? I suggest people try this place. Good experience overall

• Visited February 2014