“Horrible - Dont Order”

Neighborhood: East London
London
“Horrible - Dont Order”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

One hour after ordering I called in to make sure the order was on the way...

The manager was incredibly rude...

It will get here when it get's here..... It's left the store.... what the hell are we supposed to say.

Seriously, don't be rude...after your delivery takes over an hour.

Curst too greasy, balance of toppings off.... . disgusting.

• Visited November 2012

London, ON
“Relaxed and Always Good”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Tonys is an east end icon . Okay, the decor hasn't changed since the 60's but that's half the fun. The stucco walls and dark furniture give the place a certain kind of nostalgic feel. Hubby and I go there at least twice a month. For Londoners the panzarotti can't be beat. It's big, filling and made to order. I order the small and always take some home, hubby used to order the large but has had to downsize to the mediuim over the years. For the record, I never seem to eat the left-overs as they rarely make it through the night without someone in the house raiding the fridge (teens and panzarotti = mom is out of luck). Quite often I order the pasta with mussels, shrimp and clam sauce. It is served with bread and a fresh garden salad.

The panzarotti takes a while so don't be in a hurry when you come. We've been coming to Tonys for so long, we just plan accordingly. Most often we order a bottle of wine (reasonably priced) and enjoy our conversation until the food arrives and we are never disappointed. To be clear, Tony's isn't the place to come if you want fast food. If you are in a hurry go to McDonalds. If you want to sit down and actually enjoy your dinner, in a casual, welcoming atmosphere, with good company than I recommend Tonys. It isn't the fake Italian experience you get at the chain restaurants (which I avoid like the plague). Tonys is a real, hometown restaurant, that your parents likely went to back in the day. It is a little on the pricey side (Dinner for 2 with wine is usually $75) but we think it is worth it. Good food, come as you are atmosphere...we like it.

• Visited August 2012
“OK food, good service”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Tony's was recommended to us by a local friend. My dinner companion had a veal dish, accompanied by a side of spaghetti.
I had the Panzerotti on the recommendation of our Canadian friend. The veal dinner was good, I was disappointed in my panzerotti. Being used to calzones and a light filling of ricotta and mozzarella, this was too heavy a filling for my taste. Service was excellent. Restaurant was very dark, but with a feeling of old Italy.

Visited July 2012
London, Canada
“Great food and good service.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Best old fashioned Italian Pizza in London. You will not regret your choice for pizza or panzerotti

South Bend, IN
“French fried pizza”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Tony's seems to be a traditional family place where kids and family groups are really welcome. As a couple looking for a nice evening, the french fried pizza was off the mark. Salad was nice. Wine selection limited. I am pleased I tried Tony's, but next time I think I try another place. But if you have your whole family with kids, grandparents and uncles/aunts, Tony's is a good place to have an evening supper and a good time. This place does need some renovation, as noted by others.

• Visited July 2012