“Pretty good....”
Review of Tony Roma's Ribs

Tony Roma's Ribs
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony Roma's Ribs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,102 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We liked what we were offered, the ribs. They weren't the best but they weren't the worst. For the price (quite expensive) I didn't think we would stop again!

Tony R, Guest Relations Manager at Tony Roma's Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Taja...

Thank you for the kind words about your dining experience at Tony Roma's in London. Mediterranean pasta is actually my favorite dish that that isn't a rib. Stop by one of the locations and fill out a birthday club sign up sheet. The gift we send you every year on your birthday will take some of the sting away.
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 19, 2013

LOVED the Mediterranean pasta with shrimp. The berry/pecan salad was also amazing. The strawberry colada I ordered tasted like mixer with zero alcohol. Not worth $7, but tasty.

Taja...

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food and the staff at this location were great. The service is quick and all the staff had a smile on there faces which is sometimes rare in restaurants.

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know of your great experience at one of our London locations. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'll say first that I've always had a tough time finding anything on the menu that I want to eat, and only go there when my father-in-law wants to have a family dinner there. The menu has recently changed, so I had some hope of finding an appealing dish. Apparently they jacked up a lot of their prices and I can still only find a couple of dishes that look remotely good to me.

I was in the mood for a steak, but seeing that all of their steaks were a horrible value, I went with plan B: chicken. Now, of course they don't have too much in the way of chicken dishes, so I ordered the only chicken & pasta dish I found - Chicken Alfredo Florentine, I believe. The rest of my party ordered ribs. After a very, very long wait (I'd guess at least 45 minutes), our food arrived. My pasta looked dry on top, as if it had been sitting while the rest of the food was cooking. The first bite had no flavor whatsoever, and the second proved to be the same. The chicken didn't appear to have been seasoned at all, the sauce didn't taste at all like an Alfredo should, and the spinach was undetectable by the tongue. The ribs seemed to be just fine with the rest of my party.

After another long wait, our server finally came back to the table, and I sent my food back, opting for a chicken and bacon sandwich instead. Now I got to wait again, and wait, and wait, another 45 minutes or so I'd say, before the sandwich came out. At this point, the rest of my party had finished their meals.

When my replacement meal arrived, the server informed us that another of that same pasta dish had been sent back, and that it turned out it was the wrong sauce. Now, maybe it was the wrong sauce, but I have to wonder what pasta would be acceptable with a flavorless white sauce. The sandwich was decent, though nothing special, and certainly not worth the price on the menu. It was served with fries that I would rank below those at most fast-food chains in terms of taste and texture.

While the manager had come around to run some of the food to the table, he was nowhere to be seen from then on. I'd say the only thing they got right for me was taking my meal off the bill. Now, even with my meal being free, and my father-in-law's meal being free because it's his birthday, I would still describe the total bill as "outrageous", considering the mediocrity of the food and service.

Long story short: high-priced and mediocre (at best) food, poor service, and incompetent kitchen staff.

TR_TonyRomas, Guest Relations Manager at Tony Roma's Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Good Afternoon JMW772013,

First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for the past experience at Tony Roma's. If you could please send your contact information (Name, Phone Number and email address) to socialmedia@romacorp.com. I'd be more than happy to address the situation. Again, we do apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

JW

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were just looking for a decent place to eat dinner with main stream foods to please everyone, so this worked well for our group. The restaurant was nice, modern and looked newly renovated, staff were friendly and helpful in describing the menu items. The food was good, but I found it a bit pricey for what you get. There could have been more selection and variety in the items offered (e.g. Mahi mahi was on the menu in 3 spots). They served a warm mini bread loaf with a tasty whipped garlic spread. I had to ask for bacon in my Caesar salad and the dressing sure packed a punch (tasted good, but a little overpowering for me). Our food was served shortly after, so the service was fast. I had the linguine with lobster and shrimp, it had a nice flavour, but not enough lobster (considering it is named before the shrimp and I had to look for it). I would go back but would try something else instead, maybe the ribs.