“Great place for dinner before a play at the Grande.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tasting Room

The Tasting Room
Ranked #11 of 1,043 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Canadian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central London
Description: Welcome to The Tasting Room located 2 doors from the Grand Theatre in the heart of Downtown London. The Tasting Room is both a bar and great restaurant. The ambiance is warm, casual and yet up scale. Lunch and dinner are served daily, while the extensive appetizer menu offers plenty for those who just want to nibble. Our renown "Wine Flights" offer a unique way to sample various wines!
London, Canada
“Great place for dinner before a play at the Grande.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We hadn't been to the Tasting Room in a while and we were not disappointed. The service was good and the food was tasty as usual. I could make a meal out of the appetizer menu and be quite happy. If you're looking for a quite place though, this is not it. It is a busy, noisy restaurant.

1 Thank Nadine L

Sarnia, Canada
“Rude Service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Tasting Room has been one of my favorite restaurants in London. I have been a repeat customer for years until recently moving out of town, and opening my own dining establishment.So not getting much time for myself I was excited to finally get out and have someone else 'take care of me'.
I arrived with two close friends and my child to be greeted by one of the staff who did not look impressed to seat us. Through out the entire service each request or question seemed to be a bother to our waitress (Some blonde woman, can't remember her name...if she even told us).
Perhaps she may have been having an 'off' day, but to be rude and unpleasant to your guests is unexceptable. As an employer I wouldn't tolerate such negative behavior from staff that is supposed to be representing my establishment.
As for the food, delish as always. I will be returning but request to be served by someone else.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nomnom31
London, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“mouth wateringly amazing i will come many many times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

everything was perfect, from the lighting to the food it is an awesome place for a special dinner or just a night to treat you and someone you love to a well deserved quality meal. i will definitely come back here because it is now that i have been here one of my favorite places to eat in London

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bianca R
Glencoe, Canada
“One of the best in London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We dine at the tasting room often. We are never disappointed. Like the name suggests The Tasting Room has a wonderful selection of appetizers. You can easily have a fun dining experience by sharing several appetizers. The entrees are equally delicious. The menu has something for everyone. We have done their wine flights a few times - its always fun to try 4 or 5 different wines with your meal. The atmosphere is casual and enjoyable. The music is just the right volume to allow easy conversations.You will be hard pressed to find better food in London.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank rhathaway85
London, Canada
“Surpassed my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I loved it from the ambiance and style of the restaurant, the flights of wine that let you try four different wines, and the appetizers for sharing with my hubby. We have been twice and had a great time both times. I highly recommend it, as a hard to please patron, they totally hit the mark. I am usually a pub style girl, it was the perfect combination of pub feel and food selection with a more upscale feel! I recommend the Ahi tuna, and the lobster poutine, but everything we had there was fantastic!

• Visited September 2013