“Manager not helping wait staff when it comes to customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Palasad

Palasad
Ranked #97 of 1,049 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, American, Canadian, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Two London locations offering full restaurant, bar and games including luxury 10 pin bowling, upscale billiards, arcade games, ping pong, group parties and karaoke. The South London location at Wonderland at Southdale features a high tech multilevel laser tag arena. The menu includes authentic wood-fired pizza, gourmet burgers and many bar favourites. Our locations provide great Fun things to do in London Ontario!
London, ON
“Manager not helping wait staff when it comes to customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Attended South Palasad on Monday night - 11 March 2013 - with son and husband
I ordered the Whiskey Burger. The menu states the burgers are freshly made, not frozen. It took a long time for our food to come, but our waitress was very nice and checked on our table a few times. When our food reached the table, we were hungry. When trying to cut the "huge" burger in half, I couldn't get my knife through it. I then took the bun off and I still wasn't able to get my knife through it. The burger was very overcooked or the patty had freezer burn. I didn't eat it.
I just ate the side salad. The salad was good. When the waitress came to check on the table, I told her about the burger and she asked me if I wanted something else. By this time our son had finished his meal and we were ready to leave. I declined. The waitress spoke to the manager and because we ate the side salad they only took half off our bill. So the side salad cost us $7.00. The waitress felt bad that she couldn't do more. We didn't let the managers lack of customer service effect her tip. But we were disappointed that they wanted that $7.00 out of us. Especially when we waiting so long and then the meal that we received wasn't adequate.
We frequent the Palasad on a regular basis and have always enjoyed the fun and the food.
Hopefully the next time we attend we have a better experience, but I would not order another burger.

• Visited March 2013
PIndude, Owner at Palasad, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for being a regular customer at Palasad South and I'm sorry that on this visit we did not live up to our usual high standard of food and fun. With regard to your comment about the burger I can assure you that our burgers are 100% fresh; we buy locally sourced fresh ground beef and make the patties inhouse. Our hand made burgers are thick so they need to be cooked thoroughly but it sounds like your burger was overcooked. Usually, our burgers get rave reviews like the trip advisor review from Feb 3rd. If problems arise with our food we will usually replace the meal or offer a refund as long as the guest has not eaten all or most of the meal. Obviously, there was some miscommunication on our end about this and with it being an unexpectedly carzy busy Monday night during spring break it's unfortunate that the manager wasn't personally able to visit your table. I sent you a personal message through trip advisor and if you reply back I'd be happy to try to make this situation right. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food good, prices bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Don't waste your money on the munchie platter. $17 for a small plate of deep fries crap. The pizzas are good but again overpriced. Bowling is good but service is slow and cashiers are not accommodating for large groups wanting to pay seperately.

PIndude, Owner at Palasad, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for talking your time to review our food and service on Trip Advisor!

It's great that you enjoyed the pizzas and the bowling at Palasad. We appreciate learning your thoughts about the service that you received at the bowling lanes and about the muchie platter. When it comes to our service, we work hard to provide awesome food and beverage service at the bowling lanes but sometimes it gets tricky for us because of the shear size of the bowling lane area and the fact that sometimes people eat and drink at the lanes and sometimes they don't. We staff the best we can but it can get crazy for the servers if a group or a rush of customers come in all at once. I suppose that this is reason that other bowling alleys make their customer's walk up to the bar or snack shop to buy stuff instead of providing at your lane service like we do. We will make sure that we address the seperate tab issue that you had with our servers because this should never be a problem.

In general, we try to keep our prices at roughly the same level as the national chain restaurants but we use better ingredients. For example, the big national dine-in pizza chain restaurant top their veggie pizzas with onions, green peppers and tomatoes while we use goat cheese, portabello mushroom and asparagus. We charge the same but our ingredients cost more. Thanks again for your feedback and we will work hard to improve so that you're thrilled when you visit us again!
Ontario
“Large serving but could have been cleaner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Remember to click if this was helpful please.
I've been in London Ontario for about 6 years and have tried to go bowling and dinner at the Palasad a couple of times. My fault for not making reservations, definately required at night because this place is booked and packed.
So I attempted to try lunch with a groupl of people from work. Nice decor, very friendly wait staff and our waitress in particular made for a very amusing lunch. She would listen in on our conversation and used it to make a few jokes when we were ordering or when they brought out the food. If your talking top secret policy I wouldn't go here for lunch though.
Very good beer list, but it could have been on a menu or somewhere rather that her try to rhym them off 2 times, confusing.
Opened the menu and gross I already had an appetizer stuck in my menu. Definately could and should have been cleaned and made me wonder about my choice.
But the Burger was outstanding, the amount of sweet patato fries was enough for two. Great serving size for the price. I'm a pretty big guy and couldn't finish the meal.
So all in all I would recomend this for a night out with reservations, a lunch date or outing would be great too.
I wish managers would respond more to reviews though this gives me a feeling of caring for their business.

• Visited February 2013
PIndude, Owner at Palasad, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello Gunth,

Thanks for posting your review of Palasad and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your meal and service. We try to hire servers with great personalities and short memories so your secrets are safe with us. We do read every customer review and we value your feedback. Thanks - Rob
Canfield Ontario
“No Wonder It Was Voted #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is the second year my hubbys company held their party there. The private rooms and the location of our bar and personal use bowling lanes were excellent. The catered meal that we had was one of the best we've ever ate. The prime rib and yorkshire pudding were the finest I've ever had. The staff were very attentive. I thought it was so nice how they brought in large takeout containers so we could take some of the food home. There was enough to feed an army. They have a nice roofed smoking area where you can bring your drink with you. The next day my hubby and I went back and enjoyed a pizza and wings that were the best we've had in a long time. We played a few games of pool. What I thought was good is that it is family friendly. The kids would love the bowling and after a certain time in the early evening, I can't remember the exact time but no children our allowed.

• Visited January 2013
PIndude, Owner at Palasad, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi 623Brenda,

Thanks so much for your nice review of Palasad. It's not easy providing restaurant quality service and food in a bowling alley size place but 99% of the time our customers are thrilled. Our staff works really hard to wow our customers and we'll make sure that your praise is passed along to them. Thanks again!!! Rob
London, Canada
“Well done upgrade!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spent a ton to upgrade but still overpriced. Held a Christmas gathering there. Was not overly impressed wit all the appetizers and drink prices were a little steep.

Visited December 2012
PIndude, Owner at Palasad, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi Larryoke,

Thanks for reviewing us and we appreciate your feedback. I'm glad that you like our newly renovated south London store. Our recreation pricing is a little more than an ordinary bowling alley or arcade but most of our guests think that our facility is more like the cool entertainment places that are in big cities like Montreal and Vancouver (but we don't charge as much as those big city places). Also our drink and food prices are not the lowest in town but we are carefule to make sure that our prices are inline with most casual dining chain restaurants.

If you are looking for the same cool Palasad experience at a lower price come in on a Monday for $1 bowling, Tuesday for $2 bowling, billiards, ping pong and small draught beer or on a Wednesday for half price wings. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again!