“Family Restaurant- Father's Day Dinner”
Review of Mc Ginnis Landing - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mc Ginnis Landing
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Decided to take husband out for Father's Day. Travelled to London to this restaurant. Had been there once before for son's wedding rehersal dinner. This time only the 2 of us. Made reservations due to the day. Had their Sunday special for $14.99. It consisted of a roast beef supper with all the trimmings (gravy, asparagus, mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding). It was very good and portions were generous but I found it became cold very quickly-maybe I am a slow eater as husband finished first and found it to his liking.
We had dessert and it was also very good.
Would return again.
Address: 666 Wonderland Rd N
London, ON
519-472-8349

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Took my wife there for her birthday and the appitizers were ok but when it came to the main courde I received pink chicken wings. When I told the waitress about it she said she would take care of it but then the manager came over to try to argue that pink chicken would not hurt you and that it was ok. I basically to him that he was an idiot and that we would never come back there again

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place has had several revamps and the menu has been drastically altered. It feels much more like an upscale trendy bar/restaurant than its roadhouse past would indicate. I used to like the simple roadhouse fare so have found the new menu, although tasty and nicely done, to be a bit too fancy and lacking a few simple foods. Return of Shepherd's Pie, or Steak and Kidney pie, or a simple burger would be better.
Our reservations were well handled with specific requests, and the service was friendly and good. Lighting was a tad low to read the menu and they could not locate a tea-light or candle.
Price wise for the menu it was very resonable.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband, daughter and I were excited to try out this establishment and looked forward to our meals. The decor is great, service was average and the food was just terrible! We started with a few appetizers and should have stopped there. All of our appetizers were either cold or battered and deep fried. My daughter ordered the fish and chips and the plate arrived soaked in grease.
The french onion soup was horrible and neither my husband or myself could eat it. It was sour tasting and of course, cold!
With so many choices in the London area to eat, we will not be back. Eat at your own risk!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

has wonderful servers, that always have a smile and good attitude they have a decent variety but very good food