“Average Joe”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I visited this restaurant, twice for breakfast and twice for dinner. The breakfast price and menu variety is average in terms of what is available for order and the related pricing. They usually have a breakfast special that is a great deal. However, everything is far too greasy. The service was quick and efficient for the most part for both our breakfast and dinner visits. Dinner order variety requires improvement. However, from the items that are available for order, the food quality and pricing is decent. The restaurant decor is not impressive but it is clean.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sunday morning breakfast.
My meal was eggs poached, bacon, sausage, homefries and pancakes.
The amount of homefries given was less then a handfull. The eggs were poached with egg shells in them. I was crunching my way through breakfast. The service was horrible. She was mean, unfriendly and never smiled once. She never refilled our coffee, she never asked us how our meal was, asked her for ketchup (because it was empty) never brought it, she printed the bill wrong by over-charged on our breakfast was around $9.50 and she charged $13.00. I am a waitress myself I worked breakfast, lunch, dinner at a fast pace restaurant. I always check up on my customers, etc. Our table wanted our bills and she was standing in the corner leaning against the wall. (The environment was a Sunday busy morning, I am sure she could have been helping other servers with their tables, or running food or asking her customers how their horrible meal was) but no she was holding up the wall and staring at the huge line up at the door. Overall, I will never come here again.

1  Thank simplejoysinlife
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to the Malibu for lunch on the weekend with friends who had heard good things about this restaurant and wanted to try it. Busy place, even well past lunch hour. No issues with the staff - we were greeted warmly and our waitress was friendly and efficient. Between the three of us, we had varying reactions to the food. The breakfast skillet ordered by one of us was great; the chicken quesadillas likewise, but the souvlaki on a pita - not so much. Surprising for a place that promotes Greek food as a specialty on the menu. The meat wasn't seasoned much and it was heavily onioned, and the pita so stale that it crumbled when picked up. The Greek salad that accompanied it was generous and tasty - so it wasn't a total disappointment. Before giving either an enthusiastic 'yes!' or a disappointed 'no!" I'd like to go back and try again. This is a busy, popular spot to eat, and there must be a reason. Prices are good, portion sizes likewise. The menu had several options I'd like to try out. Has a family-friendly feel to it. The baklava looked good - but I'll wait and try it next time.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had just got back from Cuba and wanted to go out for breakfast.

Food:
The food was excellent. All 7 of us had a lovely breakfast that was prepared well and enjoyed.

Service:
It's time to call a staff meeting. The 2 young girls that served us were unfriendly and 1 even rolled her eyes when we asked for an extra napkin for our 2.5 yr old Grandson. We had to ask the 1 girl to repeat what she was saying several times because she was whispering. I understand we all have bad days but there is no excuse when working with the public to be rude and disinterested. On a good note the fellow who seemed like he was in charge and seated us was very pleasant ;-)

Value:
The prices were good and we felt like we got good value.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Somewhat busy area and the booths ar a bit snug but over all it is a nice place for a quiet, unrushed meal and to have a quiet conversation. The food is good and the service is fast and the waitress was very pleasant. Completely enjoyable place to eat.