“Best sushi in London. Best service in London.”

Izakaya SHOGUN Japanese Sushi & Grill
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I first went to Shogun Sushi in August of 2013 and were pleasantly surprised by not only the quality of the sushi, but the service we received. We have not had this level of service at a restaurant in a very long while. We both have food allergies, and they went far beyond any restaurant we have ever been to, altering their usual options to accommodate our needs.

Well, we went again today, not expecting to have a repeat of our lovely previous experience, and though we had a different server we had just as great of service! It is very apparent all the people working at Shogun take pride in what they do. The sushi if fresh, and the best we have had in London.

We had initially dismissed this restaurant due to the location (at the Super 8 Motel on Wellington Road South), but I strongly believe we will make the trek to the south end of the city often now to eat at this restaurant.

1  Thank 516TeresaM

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We celebrated a family birthday here, were given a private booth with very attentive service. We found the food to be very fresh & plentiful but the added enthusiasm and attention from our waiter made it a particularly special evening. We would highly recommend!

2  Thank river_runner58
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have to say, I had some reservation whether there would be any good Japanese restaurant in London. It was a pleasant surprise.

Great presentation, wonderful hospitality and the food was very good. Primarily Japanese with a blend of Korean food in some dishes, and the sashimi was very fresh.

I will definitely come back!

1  Thank twosaints2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The sushi in London has never really impressed me, so I was happy to find this diamond in the rough. The rolls are creative and taste great. The staff are always friendly and smiling. I love the little touch of class: a bottle of mouthwas in the restroom. I've only had take out, and hope to eat in sometime soon. I'm told that eating in is quite the ecperience.

1  Thank trinisweethand
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Hidden gem on Wellington south. The sushi was fantastic - great menu, fresh fish, lovely atmosphere. Highly recommended!

1  Thank talula77London