“Another wonderful meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I really like this Keg. I have been here a few times and each time has never failed to impress. Their steaks and prime rib (I had the prime rib this time) are always excellent. Service was very good too.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have eaten at the Keg many times over the years and the food is consistent if not predictable. I typically have the filet as it is hard to screw up. I have also had the ribs, New Yorker, and ribeye in the past and it has been solid. The sides like mushroom, mashed taters, asparagus, are always tasty. This is not an over-the-top fancy place but good reliable meals, a bit on the pricey side.

Services is decent but it can be busy and there is a no reservation policy so expect a wait at busy times, like Friday and Saturday night.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Keg is always on the fallback position for us when we are looking for a good restaurant to try and can't find one when we are traveling.
The quality of the food is always the same. Good. The service is always the same. Slow. As far as innovation in their menu, its average, although they had a wonderful winter menu which included a beef short rib dinner that was fabulous. If you go, order the meat. Thats what this place is. A steakhouse. Don't complain if your chicken or salmon is not done the way you like it or, its not what you expected. Then DONT ORDER chicken or fish here however they do a good job with those dishes, but the Baseball Sirloin steak or the prime rib are usually pretty darn good and are recommended. BUT....The prices are high. Thats the downside for a restaurant like this. 30 bucks for a 12 oz prime rib is just too much. Then you add the extras like mushrooms, veggies, or appetizers (the mushroom caps stuffed with crab and cream cheese are very good, by the way) and a couple glasses of wine each, and you are into $120 bucks for dinner. However, if you want consistent quality, the Keg delivers. One thing however which is very consistent as mentioned, is the service. It is slow a majority of the time, only because the place is always busy. So be ready for a long night and a hefty bill.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

As I had never been to the Keg before, I was so excited to go because I hear everyone loves the food, atmosphere, service, etc. So finally my boyfriend and I went to the Keg a couple of months ago, and neither one of us particularly enjoyed it. He had a steak and I had the salmon, and we both agreed it was nothing special and that I could cook better than what we got. Perhaps we ordered the wrong thing, I hear the Prime rib is the best item on the menu, so perhaps if we were to go back and we both had that, then our views would change, but for right now. I am not a fan of the Keg. It is also way overpriced for their menu options and was very loud, felt like we had to shout to each other and to the waitress.

1  Thank cmh1022
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been to this resturant many times and it is one of our favorites. We have a favorite dish which we order often. Their Caesar salad is the best we've ever had. Last night however it missed tue mark. Our server, Kelly, offered to bring us replacements but we declined and asked for our entres. Within minutes the manager was at our table to apologise and try to figure out the problem. It seems the greens had not been spun sufficiently and that resulted in limp greens and watery dressing. He said it would be brought to the attention of the kitchen, them charge would be removed from our bill and offered a complimentary coffee or desert. Our entres were up to the usual excellent quality, we did accept the complimentary coffee and were allowed to take it out on the patio. Service such as this made this a most enjoyable evening.

1  Thank marilyn b