“The Best Keg”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have eaten at quite a few Keg's over the years, and this is the best one. Great Service, better than average Keg steaks, and a super location. Yes the Keg, is predictable, but this one is better than average.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My companions enjoyed their steak and prime rib, but I unwisely chose a lobster Cobb salad from their special summer lobster menu. The salad itself was fresh and tasty, but the portions of lobster were mystifyingly small for $24. Their draft beer list was a disappointing mix of Molson products, but they had some better choices in bottles.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Keg does the best steaks in London, hands down. But you pay for them!
Price aside, the food is fresh, cooked exactly as you order it and there are plenty of non steak items to choose from (should you not be a steak lover lol)
Friendly staff and lively atmosphere!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Promptly seated, great service! Food was very good, except for my sons steak which was ordered rare and the outside was a little to well done, to the point of burnt (just the outside, middle totally rare) A good experience, but if someone suggested an alternative, might try it.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I like my steak 'well done' and have been served 'hockey pucks' in some restaurants but not 'The Keg'. I do not want it burned, dried, charred or cremated and The Keg understands that! I ordered the Sirloin Oscar- "Grilled top sirloin topped with shrimp, scallops, asparagus and Béarnaise sauce. 8 oz". It was excellent and cooked to perfection! Not burned, dried, charred or cremated - very flavourful and juicy.
The service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Even with a wide range of cooking preferences we all had our steaks cooked exactly the way we ordered them.
I did not try the starter of "Santa Fe Chicken Dip - Smoked chicken, cheeses, chilies, black beans and bell peppers. Served with crispy chips" as I do not like chilies and peppers but others at the table enjoyed it.
If I was to chose one downfall of the evening, I would suggest that the restaurant is noisy. It was busy, as expected, on a Friday evening and the trains contributed a lot of noise. It is very close to the tracks and trains are noisy so this did not come as a surprise.