“The standards upheld for decades.”
Review of Joe Kool's

Joe Kool's
Ranked #158 of 1,088 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Description: Joe Kool's, home of the Detroit Tigers has been a London, Ontario 'institution' for 30 years now. We provide customers with great eats such as our classic Kitchen Sink pizza and Jose nachos, great service and unique decor. There is never a dull moment at Joe Kool's!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nothing like being treated like royalty, being wined and dined. Driving to London on a cold Winter day, from out of province, one would expect to be tired and exhausted, ready for some sustenance and a cozy environment. Hot coffee for starters would have been nice. I got a seat near the back door, while waiting for the owner, and kept getting blown around by that wicked London breeze whenever someone would come or go. In any case, eventually, everything worked out great. I did my gig and as the grand finale, I was personally tossed out the back door by the owner. In over forty years, that experience has never yet been duplicated. And, I never miss stopping in whenever I'm in London.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My friend and I are of an ethnic minority and in the evening the bouncers would not let us into the place. We stood in line and when we got up front they told us to go back to the end of the line. A few minutes before overheard one of the bouncers tell the other not to let us in. We were well dressed, we were behaving well so I cannot think of any other reason. As long as the management doesn't take care of their customers I don't recommend this place to anyone who is of an ethnic minority. Can't comment on the food because couldn't enter

1  Thank Mikka C
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It is a restaurant that caters to the post university crowd. It is like a sport's bar but isn't quite that. We went as a group of 15 and had a good dinner. Lots of 60's and 70's nostalgia hanging on the walls to keep you busy. I had the Thin Crust Carnivore pizza and thought it was great.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nasty staff....will never step foot in the place again!!!!!! Absolutely atrocious customer service and unless you are wearing a long cut shirt and CFM shoes and you are under 25 you are totally ignored. YUK!

2  Thank JJtheCruiser
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've been going to Joe Kools since my Western undergrad days. It is always busy, the beer is cold, the food consistent and the service good. Now I go there with my undergrad daughter. A tradition. And judging by all the other folks my age there with their kids it looks like it's a tradition for lots of families. The kitchen sink pizza is my favorite.

2  Thank Namellor