“Exceptional Food”

Ranked #17 of 1,116 Restaurants in London
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Description: Internationally & seasonally inspired cuisine with a modern flair. Made using the freshest local ingredients.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant that works very hard to source their ingredients locally. I had the hand-made pasta with beef brisket and it was incredible. They also have their own apiary on the roof and make their own honey!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We like Garlic's before a show at the nearby Grand Theatre. They offer a fixed menu which makes this not only a great meal but a great deal! The food is excellent and the service is geared to the theatre crowd. After that I'm sure it is relaxed. The place is always busy on theatre nights - so I'm not alone in this being a favorite

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I went to Garlics for lunch. The service was very good and so was the food. I had the special, a smoked article char wrap. My wife had the soup and sandwich special but were very good. Give this place a try when downtown.

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've probably eaten at Garlics about 10 times, usually on trips to the city while attending events downtown. Always had good, relaxed, professional service and tasty, uniquely cooked and presented food. Never disappointed. Was grateful to get a last-minute reservation last Friday night before theatre; interested also to see a prix-fixe menu, which my companion and I decided to try. Not much choice, but that's to be expected I suppose for prix-fixe. Salad was pretty ordinary - a handful of mixed greens (looked like it could have been right out of the package) with the addition of a few dried cranberries and a decent little vinaigrette. Pork tenderloin likewise was pretty ordinary - a hunk of grilled/roasted pork atop a mound of garlic mashed potatoes with a few green beans in the middle of the stack.... and I mean a FEW. I think there were five altogether....hardly enough to consider a serving. The dessert apple tart was a pleasant end to the meal - but I'm wondering if the crust wasn't pre-fab. It just seemed a little too perfect to be real.... but the caramel drizzle made it memorable. I think their wine list is overpriced - ranged between $36 and over $50 for fairly ordinary bottles of wine. And what's with those glass tabletops?? Our plates were sliding all over the place....so cutting meat became an exercise in making sure I wasn't wearing the plate in my lap. Had an wonderful friendly server who responded well to our requests. There was far too long a gap, though, between our first course (which came out immediately) and the main, for which we waited a long time. I'll go back to Garlics - no question - but I likely won't venture into the prix-fixe side of the menu again.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fresh ingredients and unique dishes, however food quality wasn't consistent, first time it was fantastic, second not so good.