“Best dinner I've ever had.”
Review of Garlics of London

Garlics of London
Ranked #14 of 1,095 Restaurants in London
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I decided to take my Mum and her best friend to Garlic's for my Mum's 65th birthday. I had read reviews for Garlic's as well as some of the other high end restaurants in London and I was thoroughly impressed with the amount of house made, local, organic, seasonal food served at Garlic's. They were the clear winner. We went on a Sunday evening, there were a few full tables but most of them cleared out in time for the show at the Grand (next door). We were able to enjoy our dinner without feeling rushed and the server was more than attentive. As for the food...as the title of my review says I do believe it's the best dinner I've ever had. I had mentioned we were there to celebrate my Mum's birthday but hadn't expected the chef to do up a special appetizer for us as a 'Happy Birthday', it was carrot tagliatelle with roasted tomatoes, pine nuts and some other yummy ingredients. Then my Husband and Mum both ordered the garlic bisque which was amazing and I had the roasted garlic bulb with bread and herbs. I never knew that garlic and herbs could taste so amazing. The garlic was so organic and rustic and the herbs were dressed perfectly and the house made bread was divine. For main course my Husband had the duck which he raved about, my Mum had the striploin which she also raved about, our guest had the chicken Parmesan which she very much enjoyed and I had the beef brisket fettuccine which was out of this world. None of us could finish our main courses and the server was more than happy to wrap up our leftovers (there was no way any of us were going to leave anything behind). And even though we were full we went onto dessert. My Mum had the creme brulee which she claimed was the best she ever had. Our guest had the sticky toffee pudding which she enjoyed (and let me taste the banana ice cream that came with it which tasted like bananas...not banana flavour but real banana) and I had the churros. I was pleasantly surprised by the light texture of the churros, all the churros I've had in the past have been heavy and "doughnut like" however Garlic's version is light, fluffy and just the perfect finish to the perfect dinner. We're already trying to come up with excuses to go back. Don't be mistaken though, this is a restaurant for special occasions or a real treat. The prices are on the higher end of the scale but for the pure skill and flavour of the food served it is most certainly worth every penny. You MUST try this place at least once in your lifetime!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Beautiful restaurant! My entree of goat cheese mashed potatoes, duck breast with a fig chutney was the most amazing meal I have had in years. I will be back soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Despite living in London, we had never tried Garlics before now, and we will definitely be back.
My hubby and I have differing garlic tastes - I like a bit of garlic, and he likes a LOT of garlic. We ordered the roasted garlic bulb appetizer, and we both loved it. My caesar salad was the best I've had in a long time.
Hubby had the beef brisket pasta with garlic sauce and thought it was fantastic. I also had a pasta dish that was fabulous.
We both felt that the portion sizes were huge, and we were both so full we couldn't even try the garlic ice cream, which we had been looking forward to. On our next visit, we'll definitely try it!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had brunch there in early July and it was wonderful. The retaurant is very quiet and inviting and the food is all local ingrediants. Service was fast and courteous.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My (now) husband took me here for our first date back in May 2010. I've never been on a more romantic evening. The staff was incredible and the food is still one of the best I've ever had. They catered to our every need and more.