“Best food in London”

Garlics of London
Ranked #13 of 1,048 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central London
London, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Beautiful restaurant! My entree of goat cheese mashed potatoes, duck breast with a fig chutney was the most amazing meal I have had in years. I will be back soon.

• Visited September 2012

• Hebrew first
London, Ontario
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Despite living in London, we had never tried Garlics before now, and we will definitely be back.
My hubby and I have differing garlic tastes - I like a bit of garlic, and he likes a LOT of garlic. We ordered the roasted garlic bulb appetizer, and we both loved it. My caesar salad was the best I've had in a long time.
Hubby had the beef brisket pasta with garlic sauce and thought it was fantastic. I also had a pasta dish that was fabulous.
We both felt that the portion sizes were huge, and we were both so full we couldn't even try the garlic ice cream, which we had been looking forward to. On our next visit, we'll definitely try it!

• Visited August 2012
London, Canada
“Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had brunch there in early July and it was wonderful. The retaurant is very quiet and inviting and the food is all local ingrediants. Service was fast and courteous.

Visited July 2012
London, Ontario, Canada
“Beautifully Romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My (now) husband took me here for our first date back in May 2010. I've never been on a more romantic evening. The staff was incredible and the food is still one of the best I've ever had. They catered to our every need and more.

• Visited October 2011
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Good food, limited wine list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Garlics of London is on a main street near several good restaurants.

We arrived early, about 5:30. We were the first people there for dinner and were able to get table alongside the front window which looked out on to a busy street. Enjoying a glass of wine while deciding what to eat and watching people walk buy is always interesting. Apparently, a number of college students frequent this area.

We ordered bruschetta as an appetizer. It was outstanding with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil and served on warm French bread. With two large pieces per person, it would could have been the entire meal but that is not why we entered the restaurant after studying the restaurant on the street.

While somewhat disappointed in the limited wine list, the food choices sounded good and were prepared with expertise. I had the Duck Confit. I am not sure how a "Confit" dish is supposed to be cooked but this dish sounded like it would be very good and was worth trying. It isn't a dish that is often found in restaurants but like to try out duck whenever I come across it on a menu. It was tender, cut into small pieces and served over mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. Duck is a fairly rich dish and this was no exception. I saved the fig topping until the end and it was a good finish to an excellent meal.

My wife tried the Canadian salmon. It was also cooked exactly as ordered. It was tender, tasted fresh and prepared to perfection with some seasoning but not too much and not salty at all which can be a common problem with some dishes.

Our server was very good. She was always available to answer any questions on the menu or the sights in the surrounding area. We were not rushed in any way and, by the time we left, the restaurant was becoming more crowded although not yet full.

It was an excellent dinner, served and prepared well and well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012