“Solid”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A very good kitchen in a modest dining room with good service. The dining room is a bit cramped and a bit tired, but the place has no pretention. I guess I'd call it one of the very few "go to" places for fine dining in London

1  Thank djvh

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I went here for her birthday, with another couple of friends. The staff are friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere is quaint, but the seating was very crowded. Although we had booked the table well in advance, we were way in the back right next to the kitchen exit. It was so hot and stuffy I had to go outside for some air at one point.
The food was delicious though, although it was quote pricy. Koodos for having gluten free beer!
I recommend the veal tenderloin or arctic char, both were delicious.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Unpretentious. Cozy. Great value. Unbelievable food with something of appeal to everyone. But leave the kids at home and take your significant other for a special dinner. We often opt for the Prix Fixe special and a nice bottle of wine. And the mark-up isn't outrageous like most places. Reservations have become essential any day of the week since TripAdvisor catapulted this hidden gem to notoriety.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Everything was amazing! Delicious food prepared perfectly- amazing Caesar Salad, chicken entree and chocolate truffle cake. Service was very attentive. I was with many friends and colleagues and everyone enjoy their meal. I highly recommend!

4  Thank JoeMCanada
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We love going to David's. He greets you with with warmth and genuinely Thanks you for coming in. The menu options always present a challenge of choosing which one of the many amazing dishes to have tonight.
David himself will make rounds and visit each table to see how your evening is going and make recommendations if you like. We had a wonderful wine, and he told us it isn't available at local stores, but the gave us a note with the wine and vintage along with his supplier's contact information so we could get some for ourselves if we wanted to.
Amazing quality and these personal touches make each visit special in itself

1  Thank DSLondonDS