“A Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Begos - CLOSED

Begos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
“A Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Having recently become increasingly disenchanted with the selection at the Covent Garden Market, I stopped by Begos to see what I had been missing after passing it one too many times on my way to work. What I found was that I should have come by way sooner!

For a relatively inexpensive price (certainly less expensive than the market) I got a delightful stuffed sandwich and a side order of rice. The service was as great as the food, with suggestions and additions that I found to be quite helpful upon entering for the first time.

Needless to say, I will be returning. And I urge you to do the same, not because you need a new lunch spot, but because some change is always nice!

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Max S

“Great for a quick lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have been to Bego's a couple of times now. Really good and healthy. I can get filled up for under $5 and the staff/owners are really friendly and happy!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank MarilynH4
London, Canada
“Quick and tasty - a new twist on Mexican cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went to Begos for the first time with two co-workers. We split three different sandwiches (called a bego) which are a tasty bread filled with different fillings and then baked - Italian, Hawaiian, veggie, etc. It tastes like artisanal bread, soft chewy texture, whole wheat and flax seed dough, a nice balance of sweet and salty flavours. The chipotle sauce that accompanies the begos is also delicious. The menu is simple, and they also offer tacos dorados, side salads and other side dishes. Very affordable, quick and friendly service. This is a new twist on Mexican cuisine. We will definitely come back again!

• Visited June 2014