“Wow Room Not ready”

Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Wow Room Not ready”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Showed up at 3:30 to check in,was told room was not ready..Please wait for 45 mins to clean room which turned into an hour. The reason? Housekeeping staff was busy.. Really? The hotel's staffing problem is now my problem.. I'm writing this from a local coffee shop, as the alternative was hanging around in the hotel lobby or breakfast bar..

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank newsminute
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear newsminute,

I'm sorry to hear that you were kept waiting for your room. The members of my Housekeeping team work hard to ensure the high standard of cleanliness expected at the Staybridge Suites London, and everyone on staff makes every effort to accommodate our guests from the moment of arrival onward. My sincerest apologies for the delay and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Thank you for your comments. I hope the rest of your stay was more satisfactory.

Kimberley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had to pull off the road due to a snow storm. They had a room but the people were incredible. My car got stuck, they shoveled it out. Anything they thought I needed, like to watch the NFL game, they were very quick and friendly to help.
It is challenging missing my business meetings not being with my family. However, of all the places to get stuck, my guardian angel gave me the staff here led by the General Manager Kimberly and the Hotel Manager on duty, Angie.
THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear j k,

Thank you for your comments. I'm so happy to hear that you were satisfied by your experience at the Staybridge Suites London, despite the inconvenience of the snow storm that brought you to us.

I hope to see you again the next time you stop in London--and hopefully it's a planned stop, next time!

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

After a long day we checked in around 8pm. Hotel was booked through Priceline. Our room was very spacious, clean and had a little kitchenette.
after a loud hockey game broke out in the hallway...right outside our room! I went in the hallway assuming there was no adult supervision. Parents were standing around watching with their beverages. I called the front desk to change rooms to find there were hockey kids throughout the hotel. The front desk lady came upstairs immediately to solve the problem and the game was removed. Afterwards it was evident the guests were trying to be more quiet. If you have a room with an adjoining door the noise from voices or the TV easily transfers through. But I was impressed with the quick reaction.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear KLK62,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm happy to hear that your room was to your liking, and that my staff's response to your problem was efficient and effective. We expect all our guests to be mindful of each other, but sometimes, in the excitement of a sports weekend, a little reminder becomes necessary. My Guest Services team is always on-hand to address any issues that may arise.

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope to see you again on your next trip to London!

Racine
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We arrived early (1:30pm) and the front staff were very accomodating and immediately checked us into a studio suite as booked. We have 2 dogs and the hotel is pet friendly, you must pay a $40 surcharge for the dogs, so be aware to factor in that extra cost. When we first arrived there was a box in the hallway with a large amount of beer empties. Our kitchen fridge had visible dents and in general the whole placed seem somewhat worn. Even though we had the heat turned off it was very warm in our room (77oF) so we turned on the air so we could sleep. The air conditioning unit was very loud, so we tried to open the window but it would only open a crack. In addition the bed was pretty lumpy and soft. Agree with other review, breakfast was not very good. Scrambled eggs looked like they started as powder and then the next day they looked like fake egg circles. Not appetizing. Had some oatmeal but that had a hair in it - yuck. I'd plan to stick to cereal and avoid the prepared options, or just have a bagel. Either that or bring your own and use the kitchen, it was well stocked with utensils for food prep. Overall okay hotel, staff seems great just needs some maintenance overall and to improve breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShirlLRacine
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear ShirlLRacine,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't completely satisfactory. My staff and I strive to ensure that our guests receive a high-quality stay at the best possible value; while I'm happy to hear that the members of my Guest Services team made a positive impression, I've also taken note of the matters referenced in your less favourable comments, and will investigate them further.

Again, thank you for your review.

Sudbury
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The room was great lots of space. The kitchen was very helpful and having 2 bathrooms was a big help. We didn't do the morning breakfast however it smelled great. We did use the pool, it was clean and not to warm. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Only down side to the hotel is that it is all the way at one end of town. However it is right close to the 401 so for a quick nights stay on your travels this would work for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert D
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Robert D,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I hope you'll have the opportunity to try our breakfast on your next visit to town.

Again, thank you for commenting. I look forward to seeing you again!

toronto
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed for one night in October.
Location is good between Highway 401 and White Oaks mall, staff were friendly and efficient.
Greeted by a snapping, snarling dog in the elevator ("he's not usually like this" !)
Hotel literature promotes the hotel as pet friendly but dogs are not known for wiping their feet or backsides before crawling over the furniture and bedding.
Very strong smell of air freshener in room and general worn, shabby appearance.
My wife refused to have the duvet on the bed.
We like to run a fan for background noise, thought the ventilation fan noisy until we ran the bathroom fan - think 747 readying for takeoff.
Breakfast was free but inedible, leathery circles of ham and circular egg pucks.
Overall disappointing, possibly better suited for longer stays - room was quite large and had microwave,fridge, full set of dishes and dishwasher.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bruce14,

Thank you for taking a few moments to review your time at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. All rooms in the hotel where pets are welcome are cleaned thoroughly--including linens and carpets--to ensure the cleanliness and comfort of our pet-free guests; if your accommodations were wanting in that regard, I assure you, the matter will be investigated. As well, you are welcome to contact me to discuss any concerns you may have.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Kemptville, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

There was a huge Hockey Tournament and all hotels booked. We worried about how it would affect our 2 day Thanksgiving Holiday weekend stay . BUT everything was perfect . Staff handled all the crowds and demands with ease , courtesy and smiles. The players staying at the hotel were so well behaved and well mannered. Our stay was wonderful. Especially chatting and meeting the players at breakfast. Thanks to all the staff for such a well-run operation. They conducted a hotel filled to capacity with ease.

Room Tip: The small queen size bed suite was perfect. Well stocked kitchenette.