“Nice and enjoyable place”

Staybridge Suites London
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in London
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Nice and enjoyable place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the first time this June 2013 and I think I will come again. They run a good place with friendly staff and great facilities. They have free laundry in house which is something new and generous. The free breakfast is not bad but it could be better. One worker is responsible for cleaning tables after use and providing refresh coffee and refilling empty bottles as well as replace empty plates on the buffet. This is too much for one worker which can sometimes mean you don't find food to eat or coffee to drink. Nevertheless they have plenty of parking spaces free of charge. The pillows were in one room very soft and almost empty of feather. They need to replace such pillows at once. The bed otherwise was comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite but avoid ground floor due to noise at the lobby during breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OsamaDaoud
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear OsamaDaoud,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Staybridge Suites London.

I'm pleased to hear that you found your time with us mostly to your satisfaction. As well, I appreciate your comments about our breakfast. The members of my Food Service team are certainly some of the busiest people on my staff, and I will investigate options to provide quicker, more complete service for all our guests.

Again, thank you for commenting. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in London.

Kimberley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were going on a weekend getaway and needed a place to stay for a night with a kitchenette. The kitchenette was well stocked, freezer had an ice maker which was great! We were close to a stores to get food which was perfect for us. My boyfriend is picky with beds and he said it was comfortable! Room was clean, staff was very friendly. Breakfast was nothing to brag but wasn't inedible and it was free so no complaints. The gym was more of a cardio room then a weight room but was clean and nice. We will def. be back! You def. got a lot for your money! :)

• Stayed June 2013
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear hillthepill,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm so glad to hear that your accommodations were to your liking, and that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time with us. We're pleased to have provided you with a satisfying "weekend getaway"!

Again, thank you for your comments. I look forward to seeing you again.

Welland, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been coming here a lot in the past few years, the staff at the hotel make me feel like a part of the Staybridge family. The General Manager Kimberley, Valerie, April, Amanda, Melissa, Mark and Kendra are always pleasant to talk to, they make you feel welcome at all times. They are always friendly and personable. The rooms and facility are always clean, the cleaning group are very welcoming also. The breakfast and lunch are also included in the price and very good.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise D
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Louise D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London! I'm so pleased to hear from you.

Everyone on my Front Desk and Housekeeping teams strives to provide our guests with welcoming service and a comfortable stay. It's good to know that we've made a positive impression! I'll be sure to pass along your compliments.

Again, thank you for your comments. I'll see you again soon!

Orillia, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stay often at the Staybridge Suites in London. The staff go out of their way to do that little extra that have you understand they are care. They learn guests names quicly. 'These folks are interested in seeing me return".In the morning Michael and or April may be at the front desk and always look up from their work and say good morning when I arrive on the elevator on my way to breakfast. Same with the hard working gal at breakfast, Caffie (like kathy only with FF's she tells me) . That gal is in constant motion keeping tables clear and food buffet full. Even so, she pleasant and smile and says good morning. The rooms are excelent, the facilities are exceptional, but the staff is the real treasure here.

Room Tip: I get the King room with full fridge, dish washer stove and pots and pans dishes. If you cook as I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian B
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for commenting on the Staybridge Suites London. I'm so glad you've enjoyed your time with us--enough to keep coming back! It's always wonderful to hear such positive things about the members of my Guest Service and Breakfast teams; I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff.

Again, thank you for your comments! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Whitby, Ont.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Looked at several hotels in London that offered both breakfast and an indoor pool. This was the only one that I could find that would have a quality standard I was looking for. The indoor pool water was abit on the cooler side for water temp. Downside is there was no hot tub. Breakfast was okay with hot items, missing bacon as not a sausage lover, missing pancakes or make your own waffles......daughter doesn't like French toast which was offered. I enjoyed them. In our suite the couch could've been more comfortable for sitting with either more padding or pillows added. Considering the hotel was fully booked with 2 swim teams I thought it would be noisy at night with kids going up and down the hallways but I heard no noise whatsoever including no noise coming from units above us. Would also prefer sink to be in with the toilet and bathtub in one room instead of separated as it keeps the door knobs more sanitized if hands are washed prior to opening door from bath area. Location was great.....close to White Oaks Mall, Empire Theatre and restaurants (5 min. drive).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank spytravelgirl
Dear spytravelgirl,

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your thoughts on your time at the Staybridge Suites London.

My staff makes every effort to provide our guests with quiet, comfortable accommodations, with numerous amenities to ensure good value. While I'm sorry that we failed to meet with your satisfaction in some areas, I appreciate hearing your comments, and hope you'll give us a chance to win you over more completely on your next visit to London.

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife & I attended a car show in London June 7/13, many of the guests @ the hotel were there to participate in the car show, us included. The staff at the hotel sectioned off an area of the parking lot for the vintage and classic cars and posted a 24 hour security watch manned by the hotel staff.
A special thanks to Kimberley the General manager who not only saw to the smallest of details but also took the midnight shift watching over our vehicles. Valerie and Mark at the front desk made you feel right at home, their personal friendly attention did not go unnoticed and was greatly appreciated.
The accomodations were great and the staff excellent!
This was our third car show at "Fleetwood Country Cruise In" and our third stay at Staybridge Suites, can't wait till next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon O
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Sharon O,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay at the Staybridge Suites London.

The members of my Guest Services team and I always consider how best to accommodate the needs of people like yourselves, who are travelling for a specific event; I'm so glad to hear that you and the other car show attendees were satisfied with your stay. (I confess, I consider it a treat to be able to see so many classic cars in one place. Of course I'll spend a late night or two watching them!)

Again, thank you for your comments. I look forward to seeing you--and your cars!--again soon.

Smithville, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have traveled North America for work over the past 5 years, and stayed in many different hotels. There have been a few with a great employee or two, but this hotel has the best staff ever. Kendra, Valerie, April, Robert and Amanda are all exceptional employees. They are all very professional and friendly, and will take care of any issue that you have. Also, the hotel is is great shape, and the house cleaning staff do a great job. I will easily spend 130 days here this year. I could stay closer to my work projects, but it's worth the drive to stay here. When all the staff is so great, it really is nice to show up and feel welcome, every trip. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gary H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at the Staybridge Suites London.

I'm very pleased to hear such wonderful comments about my Guest Services and Housekeeping teams. Everyone here strives to provide our guests with the kind of service that not only meets their needs, but also makes them feel comfortable and taken care of. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again soon!