“Perfect Overnight”

Staybridge Suites London
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Overnight stay followed by a day of shopping. Room was everything we needed. As a suite, it roomy and very clean. Bed was comfy. Pillows were nice feather type, but not too fat. Heater not too noisy. Room a little dry, but to be expected. Breakfast good. Location perfect. Not sure what more I can say. Stay here and you will not be be disappointed. Lots of nice little touches.

Ate at Southside restaurant across the way and it was surprisingly good.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor in room furthest away from lobby and opposite wing from pool. Very quite. No...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear allanabbott1,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review about your visit to the Staybridge Suites London. I'm happy to hear that you found all aspects of your visit enjoyable and wanted to share your positive experience with others.

We hope to see you on your future visits to the London area!

Yours in Hospitality,
Kimberley

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites London

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have traveled quite extensively over the years for team tournaments and vacations. It was me who suggested this hotel for our basketball tournament and our party had 7 rooms in total. (thankfully the other team members had friends in the area)

PROS
- we had 2 bedroom suite and it was fabulous - all 7of us were very pleased with rooms
- hot breakfast, not so great but the other options were good (ie yoghurt, beverages, fruit, toast) - only half of us returned for breakfast on second morning -- me included as we like a light breakfast as stated above brackets - the others opted to go elsewhere and pay
- exercise facilities were fantastic
- kids enjoyed pool
-wifi was good

CONS
-CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE

-We happened to need customer service twice on our 2 night stay.

-FIRST INCIDENT - I (mom) went to work out early in the morning before kids (12&14) awoke for basketball tournament. I could not get back into room as my card would not open door. The front desk very politely issued me new cards so I went back up to room and more of the same - green light and then immediate red light. I went back to front desk where Melissa politely reissued cards and followed me up to room with master card in case there was a problem (I was impressed at this point). Again, my cards did not work, nor did the master. Melissa suggested that maybe my children had locked me out -- my children were sound asleep as was proof when she had to call THREE times to WAKE THEM UP TO OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME!!!!!! Also, I think the RED LIGHT indicated there was a problem with the door mechanism.
After awakening my children (which anyone on a tournament trip knows, you don't want to do until you have to), she called a maintenance person to come and fix door informing me that she had to wake him up! (I'm so sorry (an apology from me) that I had to inconvenience one of your employees) Melissa also informed me after waking up my children that the General Manager had a master key but was off site and she didn't want to inconvenience her. The maintenance man informed me that he had fixed this particular door 2 days earlier. Guess not -- I replied jokingly that maybe we'd see him tomorrow, but he informed me he didn't have a car tomorrow so he hoped I didn't have a problem. - I AM REALLY FEELING LIKE A VALUED CUSTOMER NOW!!!!

- The second morning, I was awoken early due to wind (very noisy flags). I was about to go work out but was afraid that if I did go that early we would have to wake my children again, so I waited and timed it to the approximate time I would have to wake them up.

-SECOND INCIDENT

-The toilet in the second bedroom was plugged.
-I phoned down to the front desk and embarrassingly told them that we had a plugged toilet which fortunately I have never had to do before (these things happen). The girl at front desk (didn't get her name) said she'd send someone up. SHE CAME UP AND HANDED ME A PLUNGER! Like I said, I have never had this happen to me before at a hotel but I was a little shocked. I have unplugged a toilet before so rather than complain, I thought I can do this. I informed her that I didn't want to walk back through the hotel carrying a plunger so would they come back and get it. She told me to keep it as this has been a problem before and I may need it again. I tried plunging the toilet for more than half an hour with no luck! I probably would have tried longer but I had to meet team mates and their parents in lobby for a dinner reservation. (I did think about asking one of the fathers on the trip to help me but again, it is a little embarrassing) I informed the front desk staff while waiting for team mates, that I was more than a little pissed off that I didn't get to relax, do my hair, or freshen up my make up prior to dinner. Mark offered to send someone up to help me at this point. I said that we would deal with it when I returned from our dinner. When we returned, there was a maintenance person waiting (I hope I didn't wake him up!) He came up and unplugged the toilet and informed us that we have to hold the handle down for a count of 3 as the toilet was slow to flush. At this point, my children had informed me that it had been like that prior to this incident. The toilet in the master worked great and you didn't have to do that!

The library with games is closed on weekends which would have been helpful for those guests where one parent stayed with younger siblings.

Our children were told to stop loitering in the hotel when they went to make a purchase at the store. I can guarantee you that they were not loitering in the hallways as they watched the hockey game in my room! (I do realize there were other children in the hotel that may have been loitering and probably would never mention this but at this point in my stay --- I AM NOT HAPPY! (ie we were going to pay the $25 late fee as we had a game in the afternoon but I preferred to hang out at the White Oaks Mall than come back to the hotel)

Needless to say -- I booked all of our team mates in the Marriott Residence for our next tournament!! (By the way -- I called ahead to see what they do if you have a plugged toilet - their answer was not hand you a plunger!!!!!)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MarilynMac_13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear MarilynMac_13,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations and I regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here in December 2012 whilst looking for an apartment for our son who is going to college locally in the new year. We booked two rooms. We have stayed in Staybridge properties before and this one was very good. There were a few issues - our first room smelt so heavily of cleaning products we had to ask to be moved, and our son agreed to a room downgrade to make this possible as the hotel was fully booked otherwise. The rooms are fairly dark, but I'm definitely a creature of light so perhaps this is being a bit too fussy! (I apologise for the lack of photographs, but it really was too dark in the rooms to get any decent ones!)

A good central location, well laid out rooms with comfortable beds, nice little kitchen areas with microwave and dishwasher make this a good place to stay. The free internet is decent in terms of speed as well. It does get very crowded in the breakfast area in the morning so we did not always take advantage of the free breakfasts. Staff were very helpful, polite and friendly. I do think the hotel could use a bit of a refurbishment but it is very nice on the whole and I am happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: The elevators are noisy, so I recommend you ask for a room away from them.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Staybridge suites is essentially a budget business hotel, situated on the outskirts of London surrounded by half a dozen other, nearly identical, business hotels. There's not much within walking distance, but if you have a vehicle it's only a short drive to many hotels and big box stores. Downtown London is only about 5 - 10 minutes away by car.
What sets this hotel apart from the others aound it is it's inexpensive rate and the included breakfast and dinner. I can't comment on the dinner as I did not partake in it since I was downtown and elected to eat out instead, however the breakfast buffet was quite decent. It even included hot dishes, which one rarely sees in continentaly buffets in budget hotels. The staff were all friendly and efficient.
The rooms were quite large and well kept. The free internet and kitchen facilities were welcome and the large screen TV (oddly positioned at 90 degrees to both the bed and the sofa) was nice to have. The only downsides of this place were a slightly lumpy bed, a noixy aircon that blew directly at the bed, a noisy refrigerator and a fan in the bathroom that sounded like it was trying to go into warp speed (very high pitched and hard on the ears). These inconveniences were tolerable for the two nights I stayed here.
Parking was free and convenient, although since it was outdoors there was ice to be scraped off my windshield each morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Axe
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the only hotel I'll stay at in London. Usually stay for 1 or 2 week stretches and have not had a bad night yet. Someone here complained about the "light touch" services - I prefer it. Less intrusion in "your space" and way better on the environment! Staff is great too - had a minor issue with the flip-lock - the maintenance guys was gone for the day so the desk manager himself came up and fixed it. Can't say enough about the staff.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel is very friendly and has a very home like atmosphere. I have stayed for a night and I have stayed for 2 weeks. All the staff is great. They do their best to look after your needs and accommodate your requests.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

An average Staybridge Suites. Single studio rooms are nicely furnished and comfortable, and the free breakfast was decent. The WiFi was not quite dependable. Easy access to the 401 and downtown London.. 7/10