We have traveled quite extensively over the years for team tournaments and vacations. It was me who suggested this hotel for our basketball tournament and our party had 7 rooms in total. (thankfully the other team members had friends in the area)
- we had 2 bedroom suite and it was fabulous - all 7of us were very pleased with rooms
- hot breakfast, not so great but the other options were good (ie yoghurt, beverages, fruit, toast) - only half of us returned for breakfast on second morning -- me included as we like a light breakfast as stated above brackets - the others opted to go elsewhere and pay
- exercise facilities were fantastic
- kids enjoyed pool
-wifi was good
-CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE
-We happened to need customer service twice on our 2 night stay.
-FIRST INCIDENT - I (mom) went to work out early in the morning before kids (12&14) awoke for basketball tournament. I could not get back into room as my card would not open door. The front desk very politely issued me new cards so I went back up to room and more of the same - green light and then immediate red light. I went back to front desk where Melissa politely reissued cards and followed me up to room with master card in case there was a problem (I was impressed at this point). Again, my cards did not work, nor did the master. Melissa suggested that maybe my children had locked me out -- my children were sound asleep as was proof when she had to call THREE times to WAKE THEM UP TO OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME!!!!!! Also, I think the RED LIGHT indicated there was a problem with the door mechanism.
After awakening my children (which anyone on a tournament trip knows, you don't want to do until you have to), she called a maintenance person to come and fix door informing me that she had to wake him up! (I'm so sorry (an apology from me) that I had to inconvenience one of your employees) Melissa also informed me after waking up my children that the General Manager had a master key but was off site and she didn't want to inconvenience her. The maintenance man informed me that he had fixed this particular door 2 days earlier. Guess not -- I replied jokingly that maybe we'd see him tomorrow, but he informed me he didn't have a car tomorrow so he hoped I didn't have a problem. - I AM REALLY FEELING LIKE A VALUED CUSTOMER NOW!!!!
- The second morning, I was awoken early due to wind (very noisy flags). I was about to go work out but was afraid that if I did go that early we would have to wake my children again, so I waited and timed it to the approximate time I would have to wake them up.
-The toilet in the second bedroom was plugged.
-I phoned down to the front desk and embarrassingly told them that we had a plugged toilet which fortunately I have never had to do before (these things happen). The girl at front desk (didn't get her name) said she'd send someone up. SHE CAME UP AND HANDED ME A PLUNGER! Like I said, I have never had this happen to me before at a hotel but I was a little shocked. I have unplugged a toilet before so rather than complain, I thought I can do this. I informed her that I didn't want to walk back through the hotel carrying a plunger so would they come back and get it. She told me to keep it as this has been a problem before and I may need it again. I tried plunging the toilet for more than half an hour with no luck! I probably would have tried longer but I had to meet team mates and their parents in lobby for a dinner reservation. (I did think about asking one of the fathers on the trip to help me but again, it is a little embarrassing) I informed the front desk staff while waiting for team mates, that I was more than a little pissed off that I didn't get to relax, do my hair, or freshen up my make up prior to dinner. Mark offered to send someone up to help me at this point. I said that we would deal with it when I returned from our dinner. When we returned, there was a maintenance person waiting (I hope I didn't wake him up!) He came up and unplugged the toilet and informed us that we have to hold the handle down for a count of 3 as the toilet was slow to flush. At this point, my children had informed me that it had been like that prior to this incident. The toilet in the master worked great and you didn't have to do that!
The library with games is closed on weekends which would have been helpful for those guests where one parent stayed with younger siblings.
Our children were told to stop loitering in the hotel when they went to make a purchase at the store. I can guarantee you that they were not loitering in the hallways as they watched the hockey game in my room! (I do realize there were other children in the hotel that may have been loitering and probably would never mention this but at this point in my stay --- I AM NOT HAPPY! (ie we were going to pay the $25 late fee as we had a game in the afternoon but I preferred to hang out at the White Oaks Mall than come back to the hotel)
Needless to say -- I booked all of our team mates in the Marriott Residence for our next tournament!! (By the way -- I called ahead to see what they do if you have a plugged toilet - their answer was not hand you a plunger!!!!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites London Ontario is a member of IHG Rewards & the IHG family of brands. Staybridge Suites is ideally located near highways 402 & 401 and is a short 15 minute drive from the London International Airport. Staybridge offers near proximity to White Oaks Mall, Budweiser Gardens, John Labatt Brewery, Western Fair Raceway & Casino, London Health Sciences Center (LHSC), Story Book Gardens, University of Western Ontario (UWO) & Fanshawe College. The hotel is within a few minutes drive to major corporations such as General Motors (GM), Magna, Cami, Toyota, 3M, London Life, Great West Life, Ministry Offices, General Dynamics, KPMG, Dr. Oetker, Arvin Sango and Samsung. Staybridge offers apartment like suites with all the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel needs. Our studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites all offer fully-equipped kitchens including a dishwasher, full size fridge and stove top, free wired and wireless Internet and direct dial phone number with personalized voicemail. Other features include complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel, Business Center, free guest laundry facilities, 24 hour fitness room, theater room, indoor heated pool, meeting space, outdoor BBQ and putting green, free hot/cold breakfast buffet & evening Social dinners Mon-Thurs evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites London Hotel London
- London Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites London Ontario