Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario
$69
Agoda.com
$80
TownePlace Suites
All reviewsbasketball courtfree dinnergreat hotelmonday to thursdayfull size fridgeone bedroom suitestove topcomplimentary breakfastputting greenbreakfast and dinnerhot tubthe sofa bedhome away from homeeasy accessoff the highwayice machinethe breakfast area
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Upon trying to check in 20 minutes early I was told no - then the front desk gal commented "they ensure they check in all of their corporate guests early first" So what is she saying - my money isn't as good as corporate? I asked her about this and her comment was - "I could find another hotel" - and actually she was right - I should have cut my losses then as things got progressively worse. Trying to get an additional roll of toilet paper and a box of tissue(the tissue boxes apparently were empty in every room) for our room was like pulling teeth - after running out of toilet paper and repeatedly asking the only evening staff member another very rude front desk person (must be as pre-requisit to work here) other than the two bumbling rude security guards on duty for an additional roll of toilet paper we had to resort to taking a roll from the hotel lobby washroom. The toilet in the room was fautly from the moment we checked in - it kept running and not filling up - finally by the second night at around midnight when we could sleep because of the toilet constantly running - we had to call the desk and ask for maintenance - at which point the security guard showed up with no tools - he had a look at the toilet and asked me if I had a nailfile or a dime so he could fix it???? And this hotel is affiliated with the Hilton name - I couldn't believe the unprofessionalism of the entire staff. Afterall Conrad Hilton's dream was "hospitality" - you'll find none at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009
2  Thank MartinaDundas
HomewoodSuites4, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2010

I would like it if people did not make negative comments towards the staff if they are not true. It is very unprofessional, especially if this is not what happened

Reviewed October 15, 2009

It was just one night but it was a comfortable suite (King bed) and a well appointed kitchen. Hot breakfast in the morning could use improvement - especially the slow toaster.

The pool is saltwater.

Got a discounted rate. Don't think it would be worth the full rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Reviewed September 27, 2009

I had booked this hotel due to the high reviews and it being a Hilton product. My co workers and I were very surprised to see how beautiful it was and how comfortable the beds were. The staff had been so accomodating towards us and were so very kind. My hats off to the management team at this hotel, as i know how hard it is to run a tight ship in a large company.
With all the competition in that area i can see why they are highly recommmended.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed September 9, 2009

Stayed at the Homewood Suites for 3 nights while getting my daughter settled in at school in London. Booked this hotel based on glowing reviews on TripAdvisor - and they were accurate! Our suite was very comfortable - very clean & well furnished. The king size bed was super comfortable. Complimentary breakfasts and free buffet dinners in the evenings are a great feature as well. The staff were all very polite & helpful. The hotel is well situated - close to the 401 and major roads. I would highly recommend this hotel (based one one review I did check that there were no sports teams booked in for those days, as I can see where it could get quite noisy - lobby, dining area, and pool are not huge). All in all, a great experience. I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2009

Stayed there for one night last week. The fridge was producing a sound that prevented me from getting a good night sleep. When I checked out next morning I complained about the noise. The manager came out said we are sorry about this, can't do anything, and was gone within five seconds. I booked at this hotel based on the reviews I read on trip advisor, I'm not saying it was totally bad, but the management should treat customers in a different way especially when they have complaints. I was not satisfied with the way my complaint was treated and I plan to stay somewhere else next time I'm in London, Ontario.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014