“Very Disappointing”

Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the past and can honestly say that I have never been so disappointed with a hotel in my life! After my fathers hospital stay and a very traumatic experience for us all, we booked this hotel for a month for my mom and dad. While the service and room appeared decent at first, the housekeeping was on and off. Within a week of being there, my father suffered a setback and had some bleeding. He was rushed back to the hospital and despite this, my mom took the time to inform the hotel of the situation, offered to clean it up herself and pay for new sheets if required - she was told not to worry about it. While the room was cleaned that day and my dad was still in hospital, no housekeeping came for the next couple of days. When my Mom went to talk to the manager, she was advised that housekeeping was reluctant to clean the room anymore, but that things would be taken care of . . . Sadly, this was not the case. In the week since this happened, they came to the room once - leaving only one towel and a washcloth and messily making the bed. The rest was not touched! I can't believe that in a time where my mom could use all the support she could get, she would be treated so coldly . . . Needless to say we are making sure she leaves this hotel. I can't believe how she has been treated . . . A nice lobby definitely doesn't make up for the horrible service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa H
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We sincerely, apologize that you feel the level of service you had received from our staff was not satisfactory. We are all sympathetic to the circumstances you and your mother are in with your father in the hospital. The bleeding your father encountered during his stay here was more than the housekeepers are trained for. After consulting with trained professionals we now have a better understanding on how to handle this circumstance in a more positive manner. We do strive to make every guest feel as welcome and comfortable as possible and we regret this was not your mother’s impression. We hope your father is doing well and if there is anything we can do for your family please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario

Reviewed February 13, 2013

So I just checked in minutes ago, and already I can say is "wow!"

I get inside, free oven baked cookies. Great! The atmosphere in the lobby is great. Next, I find out that when I get to my room, a very nice king suite that is well laid out, I find a personal letter from the manager. Excellent.

Then I go downstairs to not only find they serve complimentary breakfast but a "welcome home" dinner meal from 5:00pm to 7:00pm WITH free beer and wine on Wednesdays! FANTASTIC!

The sales manager Mike is a great help and the lady at the front desk (forget her name) very helpful. I've stayed at Best Westerns (elite member there), Hampton, and the Homewood is one great place to stay. Too bad they aren't in more places in Southwestern Ontario.

Room Tip: Check in on Wednesdays for complimentary beer and wine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Aaron P
Thank you for taking the time right after your check in to write a review on the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. We are glad that you felt at home the moment you walked into the hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the many amenities the Homewood Suites has to offer. Our staff was pleased to hear your comments about them which ended up being the talk of the office.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

stayed here for one night for a hockey tournament. The hotel itself is fine, nothing bad, nothing special. Pool is very tiny, and the hot tub had no water in it. The pullout sleeper sofa is pretty thin, and uncomfortable. Breakfast was terrible - the eggs were cold. Not lukewarm, but cold. Same with the hashbrowns, and the toaster didn't work. Also, we were nice and closed up in our rooms socializing, but got in trouble for kids running in the hall. They weren't ours (ours were in another room playing on their ipads/ipods), and we knew which team it was as they had their city on their jackets, but were still asked to go downstairs to some other gathering space. By the way, this was at 8 pm. We had no music on, and weren't loud, just talking and laughing. Isn't quiet time enforced around 10 pm? We did absolutely nothing wrong, yet still got in trouble by management.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear: doobie11
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize for the confusion during your evening gathering. We are sorry for the quality of breakfast you encountered and having shared your comments with our culinary team we will work to ensure similar issues are avoided moving forward. We strive to provide our guests the quality service and experience they deserve and your input will help us to do so. We hope you will visit us again so we might show you an improved stay you expect should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in in Southern Ontario. Seeing as how I travel a lot due to work I am forced to stay in many, many hotels. this was one of the better ones. The staff was helpful, great breakfast, and it was close to many attractions. I would recommend this for any business trips to London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear MercLover
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. Thank you for recognizing the staff of the hotel, I will be sure to pass along your comments to them.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into London.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at many homewoods and all have been first class, this one was very disappointing. Whirlpool closed, pool didn't open until late Friday and was freezing cold. Breakfast was not even hot warm at best and found some members of the staff very unfriendly. London was hosting their largest females hockey tournament of the year and cannot recommend this hotel to other family. But on the positive side rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable, cleaning staff was great to deal with!

• Stayed: February 2013
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear sjovocop
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in your visit. We strive to provide the best in service and accommodations and we will use your comments as we continually work towards this goal. We are glad you were comfortable in your room and we hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to the area in the future so we might show you the quality hotel stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Question quality of this hotel now. When swimming in pool struck in face with floating used klenex tissue and then again caught one in my hand on next lap....really a pleasant experience. Makes you wonder about your stay.... This chain has always been a cut above.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gib66
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Gib66
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share feedback on your visit. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant encounter you had in our pool and assure you the comfort and safety of our guests is our top priority. We have shared your experience with our maintenance team and we will work harder to prevent similar occurrences in the future. We know our guests deserve the best from us and we hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and amenities you expect from our brand should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our stay was based on the fact my husband uses this chain for business reasons. The service here was very friendly from desk staff to breakfast staff. Our room was clean but the bed was too soft for a good night sleep. The breakfast was fresh and good and my teens liked the waffles. Overall I like this hotel but the room decor is tired and needs to be refreshed. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear DarlaMac
Thank you for your kind words in review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and we will use your comments in our ongoing training for advanced hospitality. We are glad your family enjoyed our breakfast offerings and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the area.
Sincerely