Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario
$85
$73
Courtyard
$46
All reviewsbasketball courtfree dinnergreat hotelmonday to thursdayfull size fridgeone bedroom suitestove topcomplimentary breakfastputting greenbreakfast and dinnerhot tubthe sofa bedhome away from homeeasy accessoff the highwayice machinethe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night and found it exceptional. The front desk ladies went out of their way to make sure that I could get into the workout room earlier than it normally opens. I have stayed at other hotels in London and this seems to be a huge problem for all of them other than this hotel. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Reviewed February 9, 2011

This hotel is easily one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in (which is a LOT).. I was actually surprised at the modern decor and tones the rooms sport and the huge handful of free amenities this property offers.

The lobby is warm and inviting, including (if memory serves me correctly) a fireplace in the entrance way. There is a large dining room right off the front desk that serves as the eating area and a place to socialize. Our check-in was completed promptly and efficiently.

The rooms are short of amazing. They are essentially small apartments, with a very functional kitchen (including dishes), a living room and separate bedroom and bathroom area. I really appreciated the dark yet subtle colorful tones the rooms have and was impressed about how modern it looked. I have stayed in full-service rooms before but never to a degree of dark wood and stainless steel appliances.

Bedding is extremely comfortable and in-line with Hilton properties. There is also free internet in the rooms.

The next best thing about this hotel is the free food. Every morning you are provided with a complimentary, extensive breakfast including eggs and meat among the other standard items like cereal, bread, yogurt, etc. Our morning had cooked eggs and bacon - wonderful to start the day with. Monday-Thursday you are also provided with free dinner! What more could you ask for - I think this is simply astounding.

The hotel also has most amenities you'd like - a pool, fitness room, etc.

There are minimal drawbacks - I find the location a bit isolated, though there is a mall and places to eat nearby (if you can brave the cold in the winter). I also found it difficult to heat the room correctly since there were two thermostats and they'd confuse each other with the temperate blowing in from the adjacent room. I also found the vanity area a bit small, but that's just a personal observation.

Overall though, this is a classy, modern hotel with unbeatable extras that you won't find in most other properties. I was thoroughly impressed and would love to stay here again in the future. We had nothing but a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 31, 2010

Stayed twice this year. The first time a few months earlier was a better stay. We were upgraded upon check in to a whirlpool suite. The hotel is newer and is in good repair. The beds are very nice and comfortable. You also have a nice suite with living area and a full kitchen. The second stay our room was just a standard room. My biggest problem with this room was the fan being hooked up to the light in the bathroom. It couldn't be operated separately and it was so loud it sounded like an airplane taking off. It gave me a headache as i tried to get ready in the morning. Secondly breakfast is included, waffles, pastries, scrambled eggs, meat choice, toast etc. The last time we stayed though a lot of the nicer things were missing like the waffles, pastries etc, I inquired of the kitchen staff what happened to these things and they said they were missing because the hockey teams were in the hotel. Not being a part of that group i feel i should have been able to get the breakfast items that are normally available. Overall it is still a good hotel and I will probably stay again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Reviewed October 24, 2010

The doors were constantly being slammed. Teenage kids (Hockey teams) were running and screaming through the hotel, knocking/beating on doors, playing tag on the stairs with NO regard for others. A big party in dining area must have been where the kid’s parents were. The cleaning staff spoke with children but was ignored. Although the manager on duty was spoke to regarding this matter nothing changed, not sure they even tried. This occurred every day, all day on the weekends all three weeks I stayed there. It got worse after the hotel manager was fired.
Suggest installing rubber bumpers on the door frames, and adjust the door closers this would lessen the effect and greatly enhance the comfort level of the long term guests.
I'll find another place for my next visit, as will my company and others I spoke to during my stay.

They are not the only game in town…

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GovGuy

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I travel often for work but this was for pleasure. We stayed just 1 night on our way to Niagra Falls from Michigan and the hotel exceeded our expectations. We had a full kitchen and seperate room to sleep in. Great location. Great free breakfast buffet with waffles to die for. Pool is great as well. Small basketball court in back was a plus as well. No complaints. Clean bathroom, great suites. Big Queen sized beds are very comfortable. Great place.

I just remembered one negative. The business center was very hot. NO AC going into the room but I was only there for 5 minutes printing directions to niagra falls. No big deal but if I was in a suit it would have been uncomfortable.

Hilton, you should be very proud of this hotel. They are doing a great job. Keep up the great work. We'll be back. I am now a Hitlon reward member because of this hotel. You have set the bar very high.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Sincerely