“Great value but disappointed about the lack of the whirlpool that is advertised on the website”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London South, ON
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 6, 2010

This hotel fit the bill perfectly for my recent stay in London. I wanted something affordable and needed to be close to the hospital - the hotel is right across the street. But there didn't seem to be much else of interest in the area (at least not within walking distance) so if you wanted to experience more of London, I would stay closer to downtown (or at least have a car!)

I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was, with a king size bed and living area with a sleeper couch. There was also a mini fridge and microwave, and an ethernet cable was provided to access the free internet. The complimentary breakfast is a standard continental breakfast with fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels, toast, coffee, tea, juice, etc. Nothing outstanding but definitely not bad either.

The bed was clean and comfortable and I slept well except for the noisy heater fan that woke me up each time it came on throughout the night.

I have to say I was disappointed that the hotel did not have a hot tub, as this is something I was specifically looking for when I was looking for a place to stay in London. The hotel website boasts a whirlpool and even has a photo of it on the main page! However, the front desk staff explained to me that the hot tub was removed about six months ago. I went to check it out for myself and sure enough, there is still a pool but no hot tub. They should really update the website.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London South, ON

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Spent one night and was pleased with the exceptional quality of the hotel and service.

The front desk was friendly, the common rooms very clean and bright.
The room was roomy and clean... I took the King Bed room - leaving alot of room for the desk. Free internet access is a plus (although they don't have WIFI, and you need depend on a cable (provided)). A bit disappointed with the limited TV channel options.
Comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Bathroom a bit tight, but nice water pressure in the tub/shower.

Free continental breakfast with toaster (toast, English Muffins, waffles), fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, milk and juices.

Will definitely return next week!

Location is a bit off the main street.
Suggestion: take odd number rooms - even numbers face street with bus route passing through the night/early morning.

One odd thing -- the hotel isn't listed on the main CountryInn.ca website... but it's still affiliated. (I didn't have the chance to ask the front desk)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We were weary travelers and the front desk lady was so kind and helpful to us. The rooms were acceptable and the hotel was very quiet. The breakfast was ok for most of us. The breakfast lady wasn't very helpful, though. She was very busy doing her work and so had no time to help us out.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I have just spent two weeks at the Country Inn and Suites and can honestly say it was perfect. The rooms are cleaned daily - all linen and bathroom towels etc fresh daily - the room was spotless and the breakfast which comes with the price unlike a lot of other more expensive hotels, was perfect - you could have as much or as little as you wanted of a very healthy breakfast - fresh fruit - cereals - toast - I chose the Bagels with cream cheese which was perfect and being English something I would not normally have - I have to say its location is also perfect - You have Wellington Ave only a 5 minute walk away with everything on there you could possibly want - Shopping Malls, bars, restaurants, local stores that pretty much sell everything - If you are undecided about where to stay in London and are on a Budget please trust me - this place is perfect. I would definately go back - The staff behind the reception where also very helpful and friendly and I feel I now have them as friends - I was sorry to leave - thanks guys you made it a lovely time visiting my 18yr old Daughter Hayley who you also got to know and became friends with - a truly great two weeks

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Travelling through London with our teenagers to visit the Open House at the University of Western Ontario. Stayed in two double rooms. Outside parking convenient to hotel, front desk staff efficient, perhaps could have been more friendly. Hallways clean and well maintained. Rooms pretty standard size, but very clean and beds comfortable. Indoor swimming pool with hot tub. We didn't use pool, but hot tub was nice. Continental breakfast included with price. Very standard, nothing exceptional. Coffee horrible! Hotel seemed to be in a very quiet area of London, but a bit of a drive (10- 15 minutes) to the University. Not a problem as traffic was light. Very convenient to visiting the hospital (can't remember the name of it), as it was located just opposite. All in all, a nice hotel, good rates and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We needed a nice hotel at a reasonable price for an overnight stay in London, and settled on Country Inn & Suites. It was a good choice. I don't believe we've stayed at a Country Inn property before, but it was a good introduction. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and has some nice amenities, including the complementary breakfast, free local calls, free Internet, and full cable. Only two small quibbles: The indoor pool is rather small, but was okay for our 8-year-old. The bed was too hard for my liking, but I guess that's a matter of preference. My wife didn't mind it. Overall, a good experience, and we would definitely consider going back next time we're in the London area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 22, 2008

This is an EXCELLENT motel at an EXCELLENT!! price.

We stayed on night at this motel and would MOST CERTAINLY stay again. Very clean motel.

The continental breakfast had a very nice selection...even the coffee was great tasting.

A very well maintained motel. No worries about staying at this location.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)