“Howard Johnson London Review”

Howard Johnson Inn London
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 8, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian A

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Heard many negatives about Hojo's but our stay was nothing but class. Quiet and well maintained. My wife had a heart procedure done at University hospital and was able to relax as the motel was quite quite. Staff were great and very informative. Would deffinatly stay at London HoJo again. THANX for everything

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Randy S
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
WHITE ROCK
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I checked into the hotel and was greeted by the owner and her son. Both were very friendly and happy to see me. The hotel is new and I was impressed by the outside of the building and the parking lot. The room was very clean as well was the rest of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends travelling in the London area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A Wyndham traveler
THORNHILL
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Reviewed October 21, 2012

First there was a check in issue, I asked for early check in via Expedia & also called the hotel & was told that it wouldn't be a problem. When I arrived at 7AM after traveling by plane all night, it was a problem. It took over 90 mins to check in because they had to use greeting staff from the front desk to clean a room as there were no maids available. The rooms are in need of renovations and updating, this is not your usual "Howard Johnson's". Pillows are old, lumpy and sheets are very wrinkled. Towels are stained. The glass on the night table was filthy, it was not cleaned once during my 7 night stay. The "Free Continental Breakfast" is a joke! Juice, coffee and DIY waffles but you best get down there as soon as it starts or there is none left! Sleeping for 4 nights out of the 7n was relatively quiet. The walls between rooms are paper thin and you can pretty much hear whatever goes on in the next room including two people getting busy with each other. My last night was the worst. I finally got to sleep just after 4AM due to the people next door on BOTH sides. On one side I had sexual noises and the other was partying noises which could be heard well down the hall. There were many complaints made about the partying room. I asked to switch rooms (I was not in the correct room from the beginning due to lack of rooms available and was told that they would let me know when the room I had booked was available) & was told that they were booked solid by an older woman at the desk. Yet later on, the young manager told me that they had several rooms available when I commented to him outside about the place being full. This tells me that the first woman probably didn't want to do the transfer. Nothing was done about the noise other than them calling the people in the room who were causing the problem. I'm assuming they knew that I was one of the people who complained as they started banging on my door and later the walls between our rooms. They were so loud at one point that I could hear their conversation and could tell they were drunk. Check out time is normally at 11AM and I had asked if I could stay until 12:30 as I had not had much sleep and I was told that they would permit this but I'd have to pay extra. I don't recommend staying there if you would like to actually sleep through the night! NEVER AGAIN will I stay there!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo