“Worse on the inside”

Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in London
Dallas
“Worse on the inside”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Arrived at hotel at 2pm on a Saturday to be pleasantly surprised by the appearance of this motel from the outside....as this was the nicest motel 6 that I have seen from the outside. Checked in and thought the rooms were cheap and small once you see the inside but was still content for the price until about 9pm when their internet started disconnecting. After several retrys I called the front desk for a provider number and the night clerk (whose name is Colleen). Not only did she refuse to help me recover the internet but became very rude after I asked a second time. She was very unreasonable and not only did the internet problem cost me a business deal but it cost this hotel a repeat visit. Her attitude was that she didnt care and it reflected the typical motel 6 reputation. Its too bad because this 4 story hotel is only 2 years old and looks like a new beginning to the cheap motel 6 stereotype but once here you will learn it is still the no care attitude of the cheap motel.....by the way..once you get into the motel the carpet has stains about every 10 feet...so dont go by what you see on the outside....they wasted an investment here because it will eventually become another dive along with their other properties.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sixshooter70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 30, 2010

If you want a quiet night of sleep in a clean room, this is the place. The people at the front desk at check in and check out were efficient, friendly, and responsive to all questions. The hotel is inexpensive, but far better than another hotel across the street which is twice the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank jackrabbit65
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I stayed here for one night for business. It's fine for that purpose, clean and comfortable. There are a couple of things you should know before you go. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner. They do not stock the rooms with either but you can ask for shampoo at the front desk. Also, bring an ethernet cord with you if you want to use the internet. They do not have wireless internet but you can purchase a cord at the vending machine for $3.50 if you do forget yours at home.

A previous poster mentioned that the walls are thin and I can back that up. I could hear the conversations on either side of me relatively clearly. Ear plugs might be a good idea if this bothers you.

The staff at the front desk were pleasant and helpful as were the cleaning staff. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Lori-Anne C
Fresno, CA
Reviewed July 4, 2009

This is a very clean and large Motel 6 and it seems brand new. I think it's the nicest Motel 6 I've ever stayed in, and I've been in about a dozen. Free wireless internet is included in the booking fee, so that was a plus. We were just staying here because we needed to stop somewhere on our way to Michigan after visiting Toronto. This fits the bill.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank CAtoMIdriver
Montreal
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Very nice hotel for the price. It is brand new.
Rooms are small but ok for a night.
No wi-fi, regular high-speed (cable) internet only. So make sure you have high-speed cable for your laptop. For $20, they lent us one for the night and gave us our money back next morning.

We were near the pool and since it was Easter night, it was very quiet. We were the only one in the area. But it would have been very noisy if hotel was full. Not something I would have liked.

Hotel is very pet-friendly. We brought our 2 dogs and it was perfect for them. But may get a bit too noisy for little barkers since doors are not that thick and you can see light through the bottom (so noise is easily reaching your room).

Overall for the price ($60), it was ok. Unless you go to a Drury Chains (in US only) you can't asked really more for your money.

Staff (the only one we met that evening) was very friendly and thought our little dogs were very cute. :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London, Ontario
Reviewed July 11, 2008

I made reservation and paid for my friend's stay at Motel 6 London and also visited them while they stayed there. The motel was nice and clean and the staff were great and my friends had a nice stay. The price was great and I would recomend Motel 6 London to my other friends. This place is not recomended for newlyweds but, more for family and they are pet friendly.

• Liked — low price and has indoor pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ingersoll
Reviewed July 11, 2008

The room was roomy, and the beds are awesome..

I had a good night sleep. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and the Hotel was clean as well..

I sure will come back again when I am in the area..

Stayed June 2008