“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Sweet Onion Grill

Sweet Onion Grill
Ranked #21 of 1,053 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our bistro offers a range of food experience from beet and goat cheese salad to salmon niciose. We utilize local as much as possible. We also have an extensive wine list exclusive to us in the village and not available at lcbo stores.
Guelph, Canada
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been to the Sweet Onion Grill a few times, and was there most recently with a friend for dinner at the end of March. The atmosphere inside the grill is very cozy - there aren't many tables but it's very spacious, you don't feel crammed in. The service is always good, and the servers are always very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. Most recently I had a burger and it was delicious. The salads are also very good. As some reviewers have mentioned it seems a little expensive for what you're getting, but I continue to return for the food regardless.

1 Thank SarNadF

Ottawa, Canada
“Good Choice in the Village”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I travel to London a few times per year and like this part of town and was disappointed when I found my favorite Wortley Village restaurant (Relish) had closed. I tried the replacement(Sweet Onion) and was pleasantly surprised! Good casual atmosphere and good (but a bit limited menu). I discussed the menu with the waiter and he explained they are still trying out different things and asked if I had any suggestions. Turns out the owner was sitting a couple tables away. She confirmed the menu was in flux and welcomed our ideas. We tried a couple of appetizers and sandwiches. My daughter really enjoyed the grilled veggies. My brisket sandwich was terrific and the fries were perfect. I will go back and check out the improved menu.

“Best burger ever!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My mom and I went for lunch and both ordered different burgers. I had the burger with onions and cheese and my mom had the sun dried tomato burger with cheese. It was about 1 month ago so hard to remember. The service was good, restaurant was cooler but the waitress placed a space heater beside our table which did the trick. The food is pricey but the burgers were delicious. Probably could have split an entrée and been satisfied. I ordered the sweet potato fries instead of regular fries and was a bit disappointed when they were $3 or $4 extra which I don't recall the waitress mentioning this when I ordered. I would have never ordered them as the burger was a lot of money. Service was good, atmosphere was ok. The patio seems lg so I would think it would be a great place to eat on a beautiful summer night.

• Visited February 2014
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had intended to have lunch at another restaurant in Wortley Village but it did not have a high chair for my 8 month old grand daughter so we ended up at the Sweet Onion Grill. Service and food were great. Salads were delicious but a little pricey. Will definitely go again.

London, Canada
“Awful Lunch, way overpriced.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went for lunch with my girlfriend. The burger $13, had a paint chip or some kind of packaging in the meat, the fish and chips $14, were so greasy I couldn't eat it at all, (and I love fish and chips), the homemade tartar sauce tasted spoiled and the French onion soup was a joke, out of a package, with cheese on top and crappy bread for $6. Will NOT be going back.

3 Thank shogun2014