“Good service and good food”
Review of Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa
Ranked #29 of 1,110 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Having tried Ethiopian restaurants all over north america in different cities we found this place to have great service. The owners were very friendly here. The food was also quite amazing. This place had some of the best portion sizes we have seen in an Ethiopian restaurant yet.

Don't let the exterior discourage you, I recommend this gem in London.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here a few weeks ago and were blown away. We try Ethiopian restaurants everywhere we travel in North America. This was the fastest service, the best quality and best atmosphere. If you like Ethiopian, you will not be disappointed. If we lived in London, Ontario, we'd be regulars:)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I ate at the Addis Ababa in early August 2014 with friends, and had an excellent meal. My friends also enjoyed their meals as well. Specifically I ate the vegetarian platter, which was extremely tasty, spicy, rich etc. This was my first time trying Ethiopian food, and I was not disappointed in any way. The bread which comes on the side (and forms the bowl housing the food) was the most unusual edible substance I have EVER tried! It was very neutral tasting (to compliment the spicy food) but was very thin and flexible at the same time. In fact it was stretchy and kind of reminded me of an elephant's ear because you could actually stretch it!! LOL The host - Samson - was very cordial, and helpful. Even the Ethiopian beer was very good. If you are looking for something different, and ethnically diverse this is the place to go! I would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Some friends from Sarnia told me to visit here when in London and I am so glad I did! The atmosphere was incredible. I felt like I was in another country and not downtown london. The service was great, so friendly and polite. Food = unreal, so delicious. And make sure that you try the coffee. Would recommend not going if you are in a hurry, as the food takes a little while, but worth it.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday night. Really surprised that there wasn't more people there, but maybe London hasn't discovered Ethiopian food yet? It was my first time having Ethiopian and wasn't disappointed. The anjara bread is so unique, and tasty - the perfect mop to pick up a delicious variety of stews and meats - there were eight different selections on the platter including a wonderful kale stew (I wanted a fork so I could just eat that), a really yummy yellow lentil stew and spicy chicken legs that were so soft that you could pull that meat off the bone using the bread. Ethiopian means no utensils so we found that we filled up quickly using the bread as a fork, which also resulted in lots of leftovers. Service was very friendly. We would definitely go back.