“Great lunch”

Nates Shawarma & Grill
Ranked #421 of 1,084 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I wasn't really sure what shawarma is was, but I like to be adventurous so I gave it a try -- it is similar to a gyro. The server was very helpful. The blend of flavours was excellent. I would definitely go back. Maybe next time I will even try the pickled turnips.

There are newer reviews for Nates Shawarma & Grill

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had chicken shawarma was soggy and veggies soggy not great I was starving it still tasted good but not great and I wouldn't go back for shawarma just because of today's experience. I wanted a gyro but the gyro is fake presliced meat so I settled for shawarma...I'll stick to London burger for gyro they always get it right there!! won't be returning to this place in market. Bad lineup to like unorganized. Need to let cook know what he's making not just ring people in and have them lineup waiting for food that's not being made... I always see them busy so people must like it, I thought it was bad though for coming from the market and tzatziki on a Shawarma?? Not supposed to happen yet they do it. Tzatziki is for gyro. Tahini and hummus for shawarma. Come on guys pull it up... Will go to Barakat forshawarma next time

1  Thank eats85
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I seek out falafel wherever I travel, and I found some of the best at Nate's, in the Covent Garden Market. Intensely seasoned, but not too spicy, and with some texture of the beans still remaining, it was served hot and moist, with a very tasty tahini dip, and rice and a choice of several delicious looking homemade sides. Another hit was their meat pie; it wasn't even on the menu yet, and they didn't have a name for it, but for my money, it was a Turkish pide, and it was good. Prices are low, as you'd expect of a fast-food stand at a market. The staff were very friendly, and suggested several places in town that we might like to see. The market offers many dining choices, but we would highly recommend Nate's!

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Located in the Covent Garden Market Nate's is a good value with healthy food. Their platters are a large serving. I love the grilled chicken with lentil salad and rice. The salads and sides are all quite good. Oddly enough their hummus is average at best. It can be hard to find healthy food Downtown but Nate's does deliver.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've tried a few dishes, but always come back to the lentil salad. Staff are very accommodating and will add shawarma chicken and a touch of tzatziki sauce to your lentil salad for a truly delicious meal. This customized version is not on the menu, you have to ask for it. Very affordable breakfast sandwiches here too.