“Ribs were good rest was not”

Lone Star Texas Grill
Ranked #538 of 1,092 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We go out for a family dinner regularly and like to try restaurants we haven't tried before. We will probably not return to the Lone Star again. The ribs were good but we did not get what we ordered. Not sure if it was the server or the kitchen. We got a small credit for this mistake but that didn't make it taste better. We had 3 different salads at our table and none of them were very good. The fries were mediocre. We left hungry.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hi derb550, thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to our London location. We would love to chat with you further about your experience. Please email me at scout@lstg.ca

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a Tex Mex restaurant in the same way the Rainforest Café is in a rainforest. I ordered a steak which was nicely done and the nachos kept coming. The drinks were cold and the service fine though I did not want to hear one more 'Howdy' since that's all the staff ever say, even when I was walking to the washroom. If you have ever been to an LST Grill, this one is no different. The standard Mexican fare but, as far as I could tell, nothing really authentic. They claim their fajitas are their signature dish but, I mean, they're fajitas so they are pretty straight forward. It is a bit pricey for what you get and the service is about what you'd expect from university students in a university town. If I had to pick, I would choose the chain restaurant steak house next door.

1  Thank Skislave
Lone Star T, Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hey Skislave,
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear the service was fine and that you appreciated the complimentary chips and salsa. We're actually very proud of our Tex-Mex roots and go to some pretty great lengths to be authentic, like trucking in Mesquite wood from Texas to grill our chicken and beef over and having an authentic Tortilla oven in every restaurant where we bake our tortillas fresh as they're ordered. We also chop fresh daily our Pico de Gallo, make up regular batches of our house-made salsa and offer unlimited chips, salsa, tortillas and fixin's for our Fajitas. Not that we're not proud of our steaks but we really do encourage everyone to try our Fajitas because we feel they're definitely the best you'll get in the province. So hopefully the next time you're in the mood for Tex Mex you'll give us a try.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I heard about the restaurant through a friend who said she thought the food was out of this world and she told me that I HAD to go... So I did.

The first thing you see when you finally find a parking spot (usually across the road) is the restaurant and a greeter outside. I've driven by many times and only see female greeters dressed up in Cowgirl-esque outfits. They seem very friendly but where are the male greeters? I haven't seen any, which is fine I guess, but a food business shouldn't be built on sex appeal.

I was welcomed in and taken to my seat right away by a nice lady who gave me the menu. It then took about 30 second for a server to come and welcome himself and take drink orders. He then took his time coming back with the drinks, which was fine as we needed sometime to look over the menu.

I ordered a steak with fries and "seasonal vegetables" which sounded quite appetizing. after 35 minutes, I called the server over and asked if he knew the whereabouts of our food as we had a show to get to after the food and we didn't want to be late, the server promptly went to the kitchen and found that our food had been there for a few minutes.

When the food was brought out, the first thing that popped into my mind was "Wow, small portions" - The steak was about half the size that I was expecting (especially since it was at a hefty price) and there were only a handful of fries. The rest of the plate was covered with veggies, which was fine, but I ordered a steak with veggies as a side, not the other way around.

The steak itself was alright, a little overcooked (I asked for rare, it was well done) but that didn't diminish the taste at all. I love a good steak and, while this wasn't the BEST steak I've ever had, it certainly wasn't the worst (Under the Volcano takes that award).

Was it worth the high price tag on it? No. Not in the slightest.

The fries were decent, but they left me wanting more (I did end up ordering another plate of fries).

The choice of veggies was atrocious. Don't get me wrong, because I do enjoy the selection of veggies when on their own, but together they didn't make the most appealing flavour.

All in all, I give this meal a 3/5 stars.

The atmosphere is quite nice, the staff are kind, and the food is alright. If you are fine with paying big bills for small amounts of mediocre food, this is the right place to go.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Robert, thank you for reaching out to us. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, please contact me at scout@lstg.ca. We appreciate any and all feedback

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We took our grandson's there last Sunday for a birthday dinner; the food was just fine, huge portions, the waitress (server 000305) was amazingly attentive.
Enjoyed!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

An early night family Saturday outing to Lone Star ended up a huge disappointment. We attempted to make a phone reservation, and were told we had one, however if the place was full, we were told to let them know we did have a reservation and would be moved to the top of the waiting list. Clue #1. Once we arrived, we were warmly greeted and promptly taken to our table. 15 minutes later, we stopped another server to ask where our server was, and she went to find her. After not locating her, both this server and the Manager showed up, and attempted to right a wrong. While their efforts were appreciated, the service the remainder of the evening was satisfactory, not stellar.
As for the food, the fish tacos were a hit, tasty with a nice touch of heat. However, the 7 layer dip and the brisket sandwich were both disappointments, neither had much in the way of flavor. We left unfulfilled and in agreement we won't be back for quite some time.

2  Thank CanadianGypsies
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hi, we are sorry to hear you weren't happy with your Lone Star experience. Please contact me at scout@lstg.ca