“Artistic and Challenging!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bracebridge, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Artistic and Challenging!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We spent Saturday of the Easter weekend enjoying the first days of warm weather outside on the Boler Mountain ropes course. We've been on two other courses, one in Muskoka and one in Australia and we found Boler to be particularly artistically created with log obstacles creatively suspended with wire.
My 13 year old daughter went ahead with our niece and with the extra safety feature of the smart belay we felt comfortable letting them go. There seemed to be a lot of competent and friendly staff members around to help out if need be. Our 10 year old stuck with my husband and I until the final stretch of intermediate games when she opted to climb down and watch.
The games got progressively more challenging, without ever seeming repetitive. The second and third last games required a fair bit of upper body strength but the lifelines made it possible to "cheat" your way through if necessary and a ladder provided an alternate exit. We loved the mix of ziplines and games, in particular the second last swinging challenge with rings and the Big Zip down the mountain.
Can't wait to return the next time we visit to see the course with foliage on the trees. Thoroughly impressed!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank LLLori

London, Ontario, Canada
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“So lucky to have in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

It is amazing to drive down a residential street and turn off to mountain surrounded by forest - you really feel like you are miles away from civilization.
We went for tubing and it was so fun! It wasn't very busy and the magic carpet brought us up the hill quickly! A great time with family and friends!!

2 Thank Strawberry1220
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“lack luster”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I rated Boler as poor because there is not an option between 'poor' and 'terrible'. I believe it would be a great place to have children learn the fundamentals. Having previous been an snowboard instructor and having done a fair about of mountain riding around North America I find that $28.00 plus tax for a 2 hour lift ticket to accompany my nephew while first experiencing snowboarding to be absurd, especially when half of the 'mountain' is closed (year '2000' hill or 2011 hill, now known as the bob fm chair hill).
To put this in perspective Tremblant is $79 for a full day., and goes down to $63 with the purchase of 2 or more tickets. This mountain can be climbed in 2 minutes by the average person which has to be a record.
Also 80% of the reviews that you are able to see from the boler website are in reference to the new summer tree park which tend to be mostly favorable, I suppose not many other people have may favorable things to say about the winter operations.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank shredking
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“First Timer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Well Boler, I will say I certainly enjoyed myself. I hadn't tube'd in 14 years. Great fun!
As many people say, you should go at off times and Thursday nights. I went on a Saturday 1-3, and I got 5 runs in. I went again on a Thursday night and got 14 runs in with a 15 minute break, quite a difference!
It can get abit cold at the top of the hill, so dress appropriately.
Staff and amenities were good, decent prices in the cafeteria. Nice feature you can book your tubing ticket online that day, and one of the few places that don't attach service fees...NICE PERK!
Fun for all ages and thoroughly enjoyable. I hope to try their skiing program next year.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank KeyKing51
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We live in London and have 4 kids (Ages 10 to 3.5) and have found Boler to be an outstanding place for our kids to learn to ski/snowboard and just to get some Winter outdoor exercise. Staff are very friendly and instructors have been exceptional not just in teaching but in attitude also. A real blessing to have this so close to home.

Visited February 2014